Raisin Bank customer service

From the pure frustration of trying to deal with Raisin, I've decided its not worth my sanity and i've cancelled application and withdrawn funds.

With other banking problems at the minute (SVB) Raisin having appalling and uncontactable customer service makes me very nervous to use them. ....regardless of the fact deposits are guaranteed, I'd like the comfort of being able to contact my bank and get straight answers when i need too.

Hell even when Northern Rock was having a run on it I could still call their customer service line and talk to somebody.

What was your concern? Was it about the withholding tax, or whether it's Italy or Spain?

There is now a Portuguese bank offering 1.8% for 6 months.

Bit of hassle having to send a paper application through the post though. By the time the application arrives (presumably Germany?) and is processed, the offer could well be expired.

What was your concern? Was it about the withholding tax, or whether it's Italy or Spain?

There is now a Portuguese bank offering 1.8% for 6 months.

Bit of hassle having to send a paper application through the post though. By the time the application arrives (presumably Germany?) and is processed, the offer could well be expired.
My biggest concern is the poor customer service issues. Their phone line does not have a working VM box, like it says it does. Another in app response was to advise phone number/ day they could call me to discuss the issue. They never called.

When I questioned on the BFF account one of the responses, instead of answering my question, told me how to cancel the order.
I'm also confused on which jurisdiction the savings guarantee would come from? From Germany where Raisin is based, from the jurisdiction of the HQ of the bank you place funds with, or the jurisdiction of the branch you are placing with. Raisin CS never bothered to answer.

All of these raise red flags for me. Other people could be fine and have no issues, but this isn't for me.

My biggest concern is the poor customer service issues. Their phone line does not have a working VM box, like it says it does. Another in app response was to advise phone number/ day they could call me to discuss the issue. They never called.

When I questioned on the BFF account one of the responses, instead of answering my question, told me how to cancel the order.
I'm also confused on which jurisdiction the savings guarantee would come from? From Germany where Raisin is based, from the jurisdiction of the HQ of the bank you place funds with, or the jurisdiction of the branch you are placing with. Raisin CS never bothered to answer.

All of these raise red flags for me. Other people could be fine and have no issues, but this isn't for me.
In terms of jurisdiction, my (amateur) understanding is this:
-any money sitting in your Raisin account is covered under the German guarantee scheme
-any money on deposit is covered under the scheme in the country of the bank hosting the deposit, money in any of the deposit schemes is visible in your Raisin dashboard but is not lodged in your Raisin account

Would any existing Raisin customers have a referral code they could DM me please? I intend applying for a BluOr account.

Customer has to complete a form with your name, email address and country of residence. Then after you open your account you claim your €50.. Happy to oblige you you want to dm me your details.

Attachments

• 122D2954-9973-4608-ACF2-F9E441A1CE05.jpeg
    122D2954-9973-4608-ACF2-F9E441A1CE05.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 107
I am in the process of opening a BFF account. It is now three weeks since I posted the form to Germany. This seems excessively slow. Raisin are also quite poor at getting the customer updated on progress.

If I had know it was going to be this slow I would not have bothered with BFF.

I am in the process of opening a BFF account. It is now three weeks since I posted the form to Germany. This seems excessively slow. Raisin are also quite poor at getting the customer updated on progress.

If I had know it was going to be this slow I would not have bothered with BFF.
as i said, i gave up.

I set up an account with Lightyear instead. That was a million times easier.

They are also now paying 2.25% on EUR cash balances.

as i said, i gave up
Would you believe - After 3+ weeks of waiting BFF rejected the paperwork. This is the Raisin paperwork that you complete for the BFF application! All I did was apply my signature to the Raisin form. Crazy stuff!

Hi,
I've just opened a Raisin account.
How long will it take more or less before I get assigned a Raisin IBAN ?

Good to hear they gave you a good will payment. With Raisin do you get account statements etc through them, or directly with the underlying bank?
Can anyone answer this? I cant find anything on how to request a statement which my local Bank are looking for! Thanks

Can anyone answer this? I cant find anything on how to request a statement which my local Bank are looking for! Thanks
So on Raisin, theres two different things you could do on your end to get these statements. Under the Messages/Documentation section (when I´m on my laptop I go to the upper right with my initials and it has a drop down menu listing those, on my phone this is a small ladder of lines in the upper right hand corner) you can find Opening Confirmation Statements that state your name, where you invested, IBAN of the deposit, how much, etc.

Going to that same drop down menu area, there should be a Transactions section where you can find all the transactions in and out of your Raisin account. Then there´s an button ``Export Data`` and you can download the whole file of history.

The top two have helped me with showing proof to my personal bank. You can also ask Raisin to generate one for you that just lists your deposits, your name, address, etc. - just know that I guess they have to send it for approval internally so that means there can be a delay on this statement, I didn´t get mine until a week after I asked.

Back