Raisin Bank customer service

bstop

Just after Christmas I set up a deposit to Privatbanka Slovakia.
The set up process was in progress for about 2 weeks and in the meantime my deposit was being held by Raisin Bank and not earning any interest.
I submitted a message to Raisin asking about the delay and I complained that I was loosing interest as a result of the delay.
They replied after a few days and apologized, stating that they were experiencing a high volume of email messages and were trying to resume normal response times.
They made a goodwill payment because of the interest loss.

Good to hear they gave you a good will payment. With Raisin do you get account statements etc through them, or directly with the underlying bank?

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue. I am waiting about two weeks now as well. No word from them at all.
Raisin customer service is dreadful.

I'm also waiting and getting no response to my messages, inquiring about the delay. Other messages were responded to fairly promptly.

My overall experience was positive. Once the full amount was transferred to my Raisin account (last week) they took just 2 days to open my deposit account with Younited. Maybe some of the European banks are faster than others? Could that explain the delays some of you are experiencing?

In case it helps, I found that messages sent from the Mailbox in my online account get answered in a couple of days, much faster than email. I read this somewhere else too. But customer service overall is woeful - a permanently full mailbox means the phone number is quite useless.

It may be a hold possibly be a hold up at privatbanka I guess but I have money in the account and everything organised before new year. They got back to me jan 6 looking for a print off of a recent bank statement. I provided that.... Then silence apart from one bog standard we're experiencing delays.

I have used Raisin, at various stages, over the last few years. I have found their customer service quite good over the years. Raisin were also very quick to open term deposits for me with Younited and Banca Privata Leasing lately. But I have not had to contact Raisin with a query for a while.

I think what has happened is term deposit rates have soared which has caused the number of customers with Raisin to soar which has caused customer service delays as Raisin have not yet ramped up their customer service department to deal with the new interest rate environment.

On the Raisin France website they say that they are "actively working to improve the situation".

Last edited:
Update: I messaged Raisin yesterday and expressed my concern at the delay in opening my deposit account. Today, I received a message explaining that there is a high volume of applications etc and that they would make a token 'payment' when the account is opened. Later today, I received a message that Privatbanka was opening my account and they, Raisin, had sent them my docs!! Seems to be moving anyway!

1674057466723.png

I received a note late yesterday that privatbanka have been sent all documentation.
Then I get this.
If this happens I'll be pitching a tent outside the central bank and banging on their door about raisin every fifteen minutes!
Really unimpressed with them.

You should be okay if you have the money in your raisin account for the deposit and your application is submitted. I got a similar message about another bank reducing their rates before Christmas. I had fulfilled all the requirements before the interest reduction date. The account was not opened until after the reduction date but the higher interest rate was applied.

Did the id check with a real person via my mobile a few days ago but its still apparently considered as outstanding on my dashboard!
Raisin's voice mail box is full so cannot leave a call back message ! I guess I will give up !

Did the id check with a real person via my mobile a few days ago but its still apparently considered as outstanding on my dashboard!
Raisin's voice mail box is full so cannot leave a call back message ! I guess I will give up !

Perhaps another person needs to review the AML docs and it is in a backlog queue.

Suggest you send Raisin a message via your online account.

View attachment 7127
I received a note late yesterday that privatbanka have been sent all documentation.
Then I get this.
If this happens I'll be pitching a tent outside the central bank and banging on their door about raisin every fifteen minutes!
Really unimpressed with them.

I would guess that you will still get the higher rate. Raisin are just covering themselves by sending this just in case there is a delay on the Privat Banka side. I have received similar messages before.

I had that too, and I saw someone else say the same. It seems to take a few days to process your id but you'd think they'd tell you that instead of confusing you with that screen message. They'll contact you when it's gone through the system. It's all happening behind the scenes but meanwhile the customer is in the dark.

Reactions: mtk
Bit of an update on the raisin privatbanka deposit.
Money sent in just before New Year and also the initial opening request.
6 January - sent proof of id as requested (a current a/c statement)
25 January - Notice that account opened as of 20th January
€15 euro compensation for the delay but lost at least two weeks interest.
Still, the account pays 3%.

Will now wait until after February 2nd when another 0.5% is going on the ECB interest rates.

Hijacking this thread as I am not sure it needs a new thread...I setup my Raisin account, added my BOI account as the nominated bank account. Problem is when I try to add my Raisin account as a payee from BOI the BOI system is saying the IBAN is invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

I notice the Raisin IBAN I have been given looks a bit odd, the bank code part of the IBAN which is usually letters, is numbers in my IBAN, so it looks like 'DE04 1234 4678 9....'. Could anyone please confirm or deny if their Raisin IBAN format is the same or do they have letters for the bank identifier?
Thanks

Hijacking this thread as I am not sure it needs a new thread...I setup my Raisin account, added my BOI account as the nominated bank account. Problem is when I try to add my Raisin account as a payee from BOI the BOI system is saying the IBAN is invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

I notice the Raisin IBAN I have been given looks a bit odd, the bank code part of the IBAN which is usually letters, is numbers in my IBAN, so it looks like 'DE04 1234 4678 9....'. Could anyone please confirm or deny if their Raisin IBAN format is the same or do they have letters for the bank identifier?
Thanks
Not sure if BOI are the same as AIB, but AIB won't allow non-Irish IBANs to be saved as payees. As Raisin is German, this could be the issue.

I notice the Raisin IBAN I have been given looks a bit odd, the bank code part of the IBAN which is usually letters, is numbers in my IBAN, so it looks like 'DE04 1234 4678 9....'.
That's correct. The format differs per country. Germany is "DE" followed by 20 numeric digits.

You can add Raisin as a payee on BOI, just choose Germany as the country (location of payee's bank). Worked fine for me.

Back