quotes for a fitted kitchen in a new build: varying 20-28k, does this sound right?

Re: quotes for a fitted kitchen in a new build: varying 20-28k, does this sound right

EmerB, that is one gorgeous kitchen. Would you mind sending me the name of the company you used by pm (if you don't want to post the name here). It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Hi Mel,
I got the kitchen from a company in Carlow called Woodale Designs. I just took a look at their site and the don't seem to have our kitchen on it yet. The photo's I have shown you are ones they took in our house and sent to me. Their website is www.woodaledesigns.ie but to be honest you would be better of visiting the showroom. The have all the different kitchens etc on display. Sorry I was not sure what you meant by pm so hope this helps.

Re: quotes for a fitted kitchen in a new build: varying 20-28k, does this sound right

Hi Mel,
I got the kitchen from a company in Carlow called Woodale Designs. I just took a look at their site and the don't seem to have our kitchen on it yet. The photo's I have shown you are ones they took in our house and sent to me. Their website is www.woodaledesigns.ie but to be honest you would be better of visiting the showroom. The have all the different kitchens etc on display. Sorry I was not sure what you meant by pm so hope this helps.

Emerb I have to say that's a beautiful kitchen but I still believe that you get what you pay for. There is another kitchen company who do similar called Kitchenwise based in Blanchardstown everything designed, made and fitted by the same man.

Thanks for that, Emer, I'll definitely check them out. My kitchen is a lot smaller than yours so hopefully would come in at a little less. I love the shape of your kitchen. Did you have the design ideas yourself or did they help you to plan it?

(pm means private message, by the way)

Have you not heard their is a recession going on, you are the one in the driving seat,

Thanks for that, Emer, I'll definitely check them out. My kitchen is a lot smaller than yours so hopefully would come in at a little less. I love the shape of your kitchen. Did you have the design ideas yourself or did they help you to plan it?

(pm means private message, by the way)

Hi Mel,
They did the designing for me. I knew where I wanted the cooker and fridge and it went from there. The island was the difficult part, they hadn't a clue what I was trying to tell them. I forgot to mention that the Dishwasher, sink and taps were included. If they think something will not look well they will tell you straight out. I'm sure there are plenty of companies who can give you the same Kitchen Mel. I was happy with the price and clicked with the lads so I went with them.
Good luck with you new kitchen!

Thanks Emer, I love the island and the way it's kind of at an angle in the kitchen, it really makes it. We're a long way from ready for a new kitchen yet, we have building work to do first but I want to have my research done. Last question, is that an oak counter you have?

Thanks Emer, I love the island and the way it's kind of at an angle in the kitchen, it really makes it. We're a long way from ready for a new kitchen yet, we have building work to do first but I want to have my research done. Last question, is that an oak counter you have?

Hi Mel,
Yes its oak, we went for the oil finish. I looked at other oak worktops but they were all joined together in little pieces. I got them to make the worktops with wide planks so as not to have so many different colours and grains. You are right to be doing your research now it also helps with planning your budget and getting the sockets etc put in the right place to suit the kitchen design. Best of luck.
Emer.

Thanks Emer. I think I'll go for an oak counter top too cos I'm planning on having an oak floor so thought it would be nice to have the same wood. I'm thinking of getting the oak counter from ikea because they're very reasonable there.

Enjoy your lovely new kitchen this Christmas!

You cant ask what is a typically price for a fitted kitchen. Its like asking is 10 grand a good price for a new car.

You choose on style and space to fill in so the price will vary.

Kitchens are the new p*rnography (and have been for a quite a while)

I paid €32,000 for 11 linear metres 5 yrs ago for a top of the range number but folks I know have spend 60,000+ plus on theirs - I kid you not.

The one thing I'd advise against is getting this years most popular style as it will already be out of date - thats is where the designs showrooms come in - they stay ahead of the cheapos.

If you'r looking for a quick kitchen price comparison, go to kitchenbox.ie, its a new site. If you have a drawing or an idea or the units you want, you can just very quickly add them to you'r basket and get an over all price. They seem to be very resonable and you can get every thing together there. They deliver all over Ireland and even recomend a fitter in you'r area!

Liosbourne. Please advise your connection with this company.

I saw some fantastic kitchens in Ikea recently for a lot less. Personally if I was replacing my kitchen I'd look there.

Back