Public sector pay agreement and delays for retirees?

What is the status of this local bargaining increase across the education and local Govt sectors?
@Protocol, I have been unsuccessful to locate any updates regarding the local bargaining on these two sectors, only that announced on the INTO/Forsa websites some time back.
 
I cannot see an instruction to pay the local bargaining with effect from any specific date .
@CorhHomee2022, agreed, there is no specific date mentioned when this will be paid, in the same manner with pay increases, although the recent national pay increase is effective 1st February 2026, some sectors will be waiting much longer than others to have this applied.
 
CO, EO, HEO, AO, Service Officer:
This is the Local Bargaining offer received and accepted after ballot

INTO: latest I can find is here, discussions ongoing

AHCPS: deal done before Xmas. Number of higher allowances doubled from 1% to 2% for AP and PO

Many other grades are still awaiting conclusion.
 
1% Feb pay agreement for staff should be Payed from
approximately 27th February, the local bargaining pay of 1.25% which has been agreed for CS staff, will take some time according to a staff member of NSSO, they are in talks with DPER, as a special project has to be set up in order that this is paid “ah stop”.

Saw this on Forsa website
There is now a retired members Association through Forsa which encourages continuation of membership and states it advocates for, timely pension payments focuses on protecting pension terms and conditions…etc first year free membership
 
Last edited:
The TUI also have a Retired Members Union. https://www.rmatui.ie/ On the website its a 25 Euro a flat rate regardless of grade. The local branch pay for the first year. One of the perks was that you could speak at Branch meetings, I contacted the branch officers on my retirement with my new email address but alas, I have heard nothing. This could be a route to get matters resolved around the local barganing 1%. The motions are probably already in place for the Easter round of teacher union conferences.

just to update, I raised a query on the TUI Home Page contact button and the local secretary was in contact to say I would be invited to meetings.
 
Last edited:
Not sure some unions really care about retirees though
Case and point with local bargaining and AHCPS
"As the Agreement does not include any changes to pay scales, it is understood that the application of the Local Bargaining Clause will not apply to pensioners who retired before 1 September 2025 from a grade represented by the AHCPS."
https://rcpsa.ie/dper-letter-of-09-02-2026-application-of-the-local-bargaining-clause-for-grades-represented-by-the-ahcps/
 
re: Local Bargaining

I looked back at the previous public sector agreement, Building Momentum. The 1% local bargaining element was due to be paid in February 2022, but my group in the retired education sector did not receive it until February 2023. So if the current agreement's local bargaining follows the pattern I don't seriously expect to see anything until September 2026. Any earlier will be a bonus. Granted it will be backdated but its still annoying.

FAQs from Building Momentum attached.
 

Attachments

@seabreeze I was engaged with this issue pre retirement and had expected to get the extra percentage as you say was due back then. Should we be hopeful then that some retirees should be due it even if backdated? There certainly is a case for it.
 
The 1% local bargaining is different this time and not a flat 1% across the board. For some CS grades a skip of certain increment points was negotiated paid for by the 1% - this would not impact retirees in anyway. So don't necessarily expect anything at all!
 
Back
Top