PTSB ptsb withdraws appeal to Supreme Court on trackers; CBI taking enforcement action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my Morgage out today, it sickens me, fed up at this stage, that they can't say why it's being held up, just want a closure on it at this stage

I agree they take almost 1200 from us each month, im also fit to explode, going on too bloody long and no answers being given!!!

the only comfort I'm taking is that the delay is probably the Central Bank intervening. PTSB were probably trying to get off easy, or compensate half way. Hopefully we now all get a full and final settlement rather than going to the FSO again.

I hope ur right dec_hy! I haven't the energy or patience to go throught FSO again, all those months of correspondence, enough is enough!

yep, big time Matan. My first phonecall to PTSB about this was in 2010....the tone of each reply was so dismissive - I can't wait to hopefully win in the end :)

Yes.. PTSB are an incompetent bank but don't let this delay cause anymore unwarranted stress. I've too waited 4+ year's for this settlement & want a positive resolution. Whatever resolution has been decided won't change now & I feel we should just sit tight & await the outcome. Compensation (if there's any) will account for the delay...

Hi Guys, just gave them a quick ring this morning and no further news really, they are not being sent out and they have no idea really of when they will be, he said to call back the middlde of next week for a further update as to what is happening. Apparently they are still within the timeline as set out by the central bank, i thought that was 3 months? He didnt know either when that timeline was up....so what timeline he was talking about i have no idea.... It seems that letters may be with the central bank though being signed off........but dont quote me on that either, its hard not to be disappointed, i have reduced mortgage payments since the news of the refund broke, because i am not willing to be taken for an eejit any longer...i cant afford it, it has cost me years of my life already

I'm going to try and give the Central Bank a call today as to see what the hell is going on. Yes the three month timeline has expired since the 5th May. Their inconsistency with dates as to when the letters are going out is just too inefficient!!! Elbo I like your idea of reducing payments, think I might do the same myself. Did you call into your branch to do this?

No point calling Central Bank Matan I did that yesterday. They said they had no information but to email a general enquiry into when they expect the enforcement action to be completed. Did that and still waiting on a response. I also rang the legal department in PTSB, still waiting on them to return a call to me. Also contacted Head of Investigation MaryRose McGovern in the ombudsman and am awaiting on her response.

Surely there is something we as a group can do to put additional pressure on PTSB. I originally contacted all my TDS but well I wouldn't put too much weight on anything the government can do re the banks!!! Any legal eagles here that could give us some consumer information on our rights in this situation?

In relation to reducing payments, guys this can and will effect your Credit Rating, blips on an icb can stay for 6 years, I wouldn't be going down that route if I could at all help it.

I agree with kiffagirl, don't let arrears effect your future credit rating. Any money due will be repaid once the resolution is complete. I also contemplated this but decided against it.

True Kiffagirl, I thought of that alright afterwards. I phoned the Central Bank in the meantime, spoke to a lady who was very nice but what she basically told me to sum it up was "its an ongoing investigation". I asked her about the three month time period in which PTSB had to deal with this and could the Central Bank not enforce this time with PTSB and she said no they could not, basically we are just waiting for our wonderful bank to deal with it. I asked her so when we could expect to hear and she said it could take any length of time, she did not know, days, weeks, months who knows????? She told me to also contact the FSO, whom I have phoned subsequently and been told send an email to them. Surely the FSO can do something now that the three month period has expired, must do some research on the Enforcement Order! Brendan any advice at this stage on what to do???? The thought of this being dragged on for months is just too much now at this stage. The girl from the Central Bank did say there would probably be more press releases on this as it is a big matter!

My credit rating has long been shot to pieces because of this issue, i wonder will ptsb compensate me for this also? Or have peoples credit ratings cleared? I just cancelled my direct debit and transferring a lesser amount manually each month Matan, a bit of a pain but well worth it, they werent long in sending me arrears letters and all sorts, money is the only thing that works, why should they still be getting it, making interest on my misery its a disgrace. I am due a baby in 5 weeks and was really hoping to have much delayed DIY sorted before then, so a couple of extra weeks does make all the difference to me, i am seriously NOT IMPRESSED here.

God Elbo I hear you there. We have put so much and so many things on hold for the last couple of years because of our crippling mortgage for a house that is in €100,000 + negative equity. This issue is life changing for us! I am also not impressed!!!

I just emailed FSO and our case officer replied immediately stating as far as their Office understands PTSB will be contacting customers during June. Apart from that they are unable to provide me with any more information.

Got a similar response from fso as Matan. Basically they have been informed within 4-6 weeks, we have the right to request the Fso to go ahead and investigate our individual case, but they recommend we sit it out and wait.... In my case I would be at just happy at the minute knowing we would/ would not be getting our tracker back I have waited this long for refund I can wait another few months but it's the not knowing that's the issue.

would it be worth going to our local representatives about this to put more pressure on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back