Property in India - "Larionovo" - Goes into Receivership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm another person who has invested in India. Who do I need to ring or contact to join the action group? Tks T.

Hi, I too have invested in India and have just heard about the Larionovo liquidation. I'd like to join the group too please.

Thank you

Anybody in the same situation please PM me .
I now have quite a few members joining the group and we have a lot of information and some very usefull contacts

Karen

Re: Property in India - Larionovo

Hi
Yes I was made aware of that last night, I started forming a group of investors a few weeks ago who were in the same situation as me. We now have to persue our claims through other channels that we have available to us.

If anyone wants to contact me please pm me

Hi Lalique

How do I join this group? I am waiting on money back from India too?

Anybody in the same situation please PM me .
I now have quite a few members joining the group and we have a lot of information and some very usefull contacts

Karen

Hi Karen,
I am in the same situation and would like to join the group.

Regards.

Tony

Dear all,

I am also waiting on my deposit from property in India with Larionovo and i just went on their web site and seen they are gone into liquidation. I see some people are forming groups of investors.Could you plese inform me of how to join you.

Re: Property in India - Larionovo

Hi Lalique

Who do I contact to join this group on India?

The Larionovo liquidation story ran in the Examiner today.

There's a lady called Karen Marshall quoted who wants to get in contact with other like minded investors. Her email details are in the [broken link removed].

i was just on the overseas cafe website, and they have the same address as Larionovo in Dublin.... what's this all about ?
Does this site belong to the the directors of Larionovo?

OverseasCafé Ltd.,
125 Lower Baggot Street.,
Dublin 2

Not quite the same address but right next door!

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Address:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial]126 Lower Baggot Street
Dublin 2
Dublin
[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Barry Hennessy[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Email:[/FONT]
correoe.cgi

i was just on the overseas cafe website, and they have the same address as Larionovo in Dublin.... what's this all about ?
Does this site belong to the the directors of Larionovo?

If you look through our previous posts you'll see this explained quite some time ago.

One of the directors of Larionovo was also a founding member of the website. He moved to Dubai some time ago and we heard no more from him. Our office was originally set up next door, but was never in fact used.

Overseas, might we all be forgiven for thinking that you perhaps have an axe to grind here?

Thanks OSC,

The Irish overseas property industry will be left reeling by another high profile casualty of the current economic crisis and the severe downturn in the Irish economy.

Well known Clare based overseas property agent, Larionovo, [broken link removed] for the last time on Tuesday evening and let go its 11 staff members based in Ennis and Baggot St., Dublin. The company was formed seven years ago by brother-in-law pairing Raymond Norton and Andrew Brett and had sold vast quantities of product in areas as diverse as Dubai, Hungary, Spain, France, India and Portugal.

The company was well known for its high profile campaigns on TV, radio and in the press, taking the sale of overseas property by an Irish company to a new level. Unfortunately, under current financial realities the company's business model would appear to have become redundant.
The company was also the main Irish agent for Martinsa-Fadesa, the giant Spanish builder which filed for bankruptcy during the summer.

Larionovo has also been the source of much frustration, vented liberally on the Joe Duffy show last week, with relation to several projects in [broken link removed] that it decided to abandon. Purchasers in the Green Valley, Hill View and Cape Corinth projects, by developer Sigrun, have been promised refunds of their initial deposits, but many have not materialised yet and investors are, understandably, getting very worried. The subject is also the cause of much posting on various threads on the Ask About Money forum.

Larionovo's demise should not actually make much difference to clients who bought through them, as the company didn't build any property. All contracts should be with the developers from whom the property was bought and so, presuming the developers are capable of building the projects, should still complete. Clients will, however, obviously not receive any supplementary services which might have been provided by the agent such as furnishing, rentals, etc. There is also the worry that, with the agent now out of the loop, Sigrun may decide not to refund deposits collected by it. Only time will tell.

The receiver appointed is [broken link removed]. If anyone has any queries they should contact Paul McCann on 01 680 5805.

Any way you look at it this is another large nail in the Irish overseas property industry coffin which leaves no doubt as to just how fragile the market is at this point in time.

This isn't the end for Norton and Brett in terms of overseas property. The pair are also directors of Profile, a Dubai based company which is currently working on development work in the Emirate and has also been instrumental in the purchase and ongoing development of the islands of Ireland and Thailand in The World development in the Arabian Gulf.

Overseas, might we all be forgiven for thinking that you perhaps have an axe to grind here?

Not particularly. Our dealings with Ray were always good, he seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the dynamics of the overseas industry and we took him on board for some advice on the marketing side, where we were lacking.

Unfortunately it became obvious at an early stage that the market was turning and our marketing activities became severely curtailed as there wasn't much point in flushing cash down the toilet.

This pretty much co-incided with his departure for Dubai. We parted on good terms so there's no axe to grind.

We are a property information portal, however, and felt it would be remiss of us not to report on the Larionovo story, as it is obviously a very important one in the Irish overseas industry, whoever it involved.

I have no insight into either Larionovo or Profile so have no idea what went wrong there, it's a great pity for the company, its clients and the overseas industry in general. I can't see any winners in this situation.

The Larionovo liquidation story ran in the Examiner today.

There's a lady called Karen Marshall quoted who wants to get in contact with other like minded investors. Her email details are in the [broken link removed].

Hi Guys

That was me!!!

Im the group ring leader in all of this.

hi all, i bought 2 years ago from larionovo an i received my deposit back during the week, just to let ye all know that it maybe ok ,you should get your money back,i havnt been on this forum for about 5 months an was shocked to find out that this has happened !!as i had just checked my account today to find out that the deposit had been received following & email that i received on tuesday evening, an i really hope everyone gets there money back as i feel i have had a lucky escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back