Problems with Magazines 365

Shesells - did the cheque you got go through ok? I got an e-mail from them today saying they have organised a refund, so presume they'll send a cheque, hopefully it wont bounce! Thanks for the MD phone number - hopefully wont need to use it now.

San I think so. Haven't checked my account as its too close to payday for it to be anything other than horrific but I lodged it a week ago and haven't heard from the bank so presume it was okay.

Hi, I was relieved (in one way) to see I wasn't the only person having difficulties with this company. I bought a subscibtion as a gift to my Brother at the beginning of December & have been trying to make contact via email & phone since, regarding non-delivery. I appear to be having the same non-response as the rest of the posters here. If anybody could PM me an alternative contact number I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

You should have it in the next 5 mins! An ex employee and the PPA (periodical publishers association) gave me the number so I have no problem passing it on.

Just to say all I had to do was threaten to phone the Managing Director (number you gave me) and I got an e-mail back within minutes saying I will be getting a refund - that was only yesterday so I've yet to receive it but hopefully it will arrive.

Thanks for contact number shesells. I got a call back from the MD within 15 minutes of leaving a message. He has promised me a full refund + years subscription gratis & has contacted the UK distributor to find out what the problem was. He assured me I would recieve the magazine from this month on. While this was an extremely generous offer, I would have prefered to have not had the hassle of numerous un-answered phone calls & emails over a period of 2 weeks, also the embaressment non-delivery, of what was intended as a xmas gift. The MD explained that they were having problems with eircom connection since moving office, I told him that my many emails were also ignored, he said that he will investigate it. I will reserve judgement until I see delivery of magazine & refund processed.

Watch this space !!

I got my refund okay - no sign of magazine, publishers insist it was sent but never arrived. They're suggesting An Post may have some responsibility.

Personally I wouldn't do business with anyone that uses an answering machine except in emergencies. Except Dublin City Council, but that's not really business! From the posts in the above thread, it looks like these guys are just reselling the subscriptions to other distribution channels. Is it really that hard to buy a magazine subscription that anyone would put up with the kind of customer-shyness listed above?

Extopia - I don't think any of us knew about the answering machine at the time of ordering the subscription. Also their website promised all emails would receive a response within 24 hours - must have been the tooth fairy or the Easter bunny working on emails because that was once again an empty promise!

I have had similair problems as most of you - subscription bought as Xmas pressie in November and still no magazine. Sent numerous e-mails, left numerous voicemails and only got one reply in the beginning of January promising the matter would be resolved. Still nothing and, more worryingly, their voicemail box is no longer recording messages as it is full up! Would appreciate if someone could forward me the directors number.

I made a complaint on the National Consumer Agencies website. the link is shown below if anyone wants to do the same: http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/

Thanks for that, funnily enough, no answer! I'll keep trying though.

Hi, I'm having trouble today, and I have left numerous messages with no reply. I would really appreciate the alternative number too.

Thanks

Does anyone recommend a company similar to magazine365? Obviously after reading the feedback on this site I am not going to use them but I would like to give a gift of a subscription an interior decorating magazine. Does anyone use a uk company?

Some of the magazines will allow you to subscribe directly to them. My experience is that these actually arrive! Check out the website of the magazine you want to subscribe to.

Back