Problems with Magazines 365

shesells

Anybody know about them? Emails and phonecalls haven't been returned and no sign of magazines, more than 2 months on.

Can't find anything online about them hitting the wall but I'm starting to worry. Have bought subscriptions from them before without issue but this time something is very wrong.

Re: Magazines 365 - gone?

Magazines365.com is alive and kicking. Apologises to any customers having difficulty making contact. Tel; 3531 2156012 with any issues and we will resolve urgently. Thank you to all our customers!! The Team at Magazines365.com.

If the phone was actually answered it would help allay my fears!

Has anyone else experienced similar difficulties with this company? I ordered a subscription at the end of November as a Christmas present and was forecast a delivery date of early January for first issue. So far nothing has arrived and my emails have gone unanswered. Every time I have tried to contact magazines365 on the above number, I have been put straight through to an answering machine.
This is, however, the only negative comment that I can find about this website and I am prepared to accept that they may have been busy over the festive season. Any information about experiences, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

I would NOT recommend Magazines365.
Subscribed to a mag last March early in the month... expected the April edition to within a couple of weeks... into May and still nothing... numerous emails went unanswered... only when I asked them to cancel my sibscription did they reply saying they will look into it... they eventually got back saying the mag had gone missing... when the May issue did not arrive either I asked them cancel....

They then offered me a year free so I said fair enough! I wont be paying next year though.... the magazine ALWAYS arrives about 3/4 weeks after it hits the shelves in the shops.

Respectfully disagree...

Had a similar but, umm, also different experience. Unexplained delays at first but phone calls and e-mails of query/complaint were eventually handled with courtesy and, as a poster above notes, freebies in recompense (extra issues etc.) Sounds like the company is still having teething troubles with the fulfilment process, though.

I also believe that we saved money on the deal i.e. the subscription cost through Magazines365 were lower than if going with the magazine in question directly.

In summary then, our experience was, Magazines365 is maybe not ideal for buying subscriptions as presents - since you need to know for sure that the first issue will arrive in time - but if you're not in a rush, it offers some bargains.

Fulfilment process is the main problem. Many of the different publishers use different fulfilment houses ...leading to variable turnaround times. Some deliver immediately upon order, others have a 6-8 week lead in time.

Very hard one to solve as the publishing industry in general is extremely 'old style' and resistant to change. (hence the fact no-one else is doing it in the Irish marketplace at present other than Magzines365)

That still doesn't explain poor customer service, phone calls not being answered or returned, ditto emails.

That still doesn't explain poor customer service, phone calls not being answered or returned, ditto emails.
The low costs (as mentioned above) explain that. If a company tries to operate with as few/small overheads as possible (in order to gain customers) they will have few staff available for non earning tasks such as Customer Service. The business may suffer as a result, but it's a fact of life/business.

There may be some low cost deals but I would have saved approx €15 by buying the magazine each month and posting it to my sister. But that doesn't have the same gift appeal as giving someone a subscription hence going with magazines 365.

My issues go back to early November 2006 when the subscription was purchased. Whatever about clearing houses, 3 months is a ridiculous time span with no issues received!

As another disgruntled customer, I have to agree with shesells.
I have left around 7 messages on Magazine365's answering machine, I have emailed the company 4 times and filled in 3 online query forms using the company website.
All that I want from this company is an aknowledgement of my enquiries and an estimated delivery date. I have made this clear every time I have contacted them.

While they are, no doubt, trying to keep their overheads low, surely this neglect of customer service is doing more harm than good, as witnessed by the level of unhappiness amongst the company's customers.

If I received even a cursory aknowledgement of my query I would be satisfied, however, at the moment I am left with an odious, sinking feeling that this company has taken my money and scarpered. Not the lasting impression any professional organisation would want to leave with the public.

Niate - will forward you the MD's mobile number which I got from 2 different people, all too eager to help!

My issue is now resolved-ish in that I got a refund cheque today after phoning the MD. Am going to lodge it immediately and follow the buy and post thing for the next 12 months when the cheque clears......

They emailed me about this on Friday, I replied that the subscription was a joint gift, including a gift voucher purchased by another family member but they sent me the full amount. Couldn't be professional even at this late stage!

Last edited:
That would be excellent, shesells. Please PM me with details. You're a legend!

FWIW, my magazine365 experience.

I subscribed to a magazine via Magazines365 in Feb of 2006. I received a confirmation letter from the magazine itself telling me about the lead-in time (approx 10 weeks if I remember). I had several delays with delivery of magazines over the summer - but I directed my queries to the UK company who managed that mag's subscription details(myfavouritemagazines.co.uk) not with magazine365. I was given 3 month's extension to my subscription as compensation for the delays. I received my renewal notice last week, again from the UK company, not from magazines365.
Won't be renewing as it costs more to subscribe than to buy in the shops, and the mag always arrives later than it appears on the shelves.

I am having similar problems with [broken link removed]. Ordered a renewal of a gift subscription in December, the status of my order is 'rejected', but my Credit Card has been charged. No replys to my emails.

I've had similar problems, 3 unanswered phonecalls, 3 e-mails. I put in my order on 13.12.06 and have received nothing yet. Just got an e-mail back from them today after threatening to cancel my sub, and was informed that the January issue would have been in distribution at the time of my order and therefore my first issue would be the Feb one, which is fine, but I should have got it weeks ago if that was the case. Its been in the shops a few weeks already.

I did purchase another subscription from them 12 months ago and had no problems but IMO the company has gone way way way downhill since my last dealings with them

I purchased a year's subscription of a weekly publication for my father on 12th December as a Christmas present. To date he hasn't received a single copy and has had no response at all to numerous messages he has left on the answer machine. I have left a message and emailed them myself today, 8 weeks since the order. Very disappointed! My father lives on his own in a very rural location in Cork and was really looking forward to a weekly delivery of this magazine. If I don't hear from them shortly I will pursue this with a different approach.

Back