Pro active ideas to stop this virus

Just listening to Italian doctor who described people out walking and thinking they are on their holidays as collective suicide . Back my original post we need to live within a distance of our homes before it's too late.. More of a lockdown please.

Also nurses in England have identified a problem with no outside the hospital derobing facilities short term structures could be worked on in car parks etc

Delighted with 2 km radius from home for everything where possible ,now enforce it it's not that big a deal and I presume our borders are now closed

presume our borders are now closed
You may have noticed, if paying attention closely that when the schools were closed, they said, anyone who wants to travel home to Ireland should do so before 29th March.

This doesn't feel like a 'knee-jerk' reaction. I get the impression that as the numbers started to hit certain points, the next phase was brought in.

I agree. They brought in simple measures first knowing that it would get to this point. But you couldn't go straight to what was introduced last night.

They could have quarantined anyone that was in Italy stopped Italian tourists and closed borders and bookies for Cheltham and then they wouldn't have had to.Hindsight is 20/20 but alot of people myself included were calling for this.A lot of others were too worried about economy and look at it now. At least now we are starting to show better foresight and leadership.Money is something we just trade with it shouldn't have been for lives

I don't think they got everything right; but I do think they got more right than they got wrong.

And I'm certain they got more right than many other countries.

In Czech Republic

The Czech government approved a ban on going out anywhere in public while not wearing a surgical mask or covering one's nose and mouth with a scarf.

Similar number of cases as Ireland
Fewer deaths
Higher population

They are using home made masks where surgical masks not available.

Back