Ulster Prime Time report on Ulster Bank customer who lost tracker

Thanks notabene - I guess I should write to them so to start back up a line of communication with them. As I say, they confirmed on the phone to me that my case was one of those under investigation but that's a few months ago now & I haven't had any letters.

Yes - though not easily done & I have been very persistent in doing it - I'd say they are totally fed up of me, but I, am also fed up of them and am going to keep at them.

They sent a general letter on 8th June & noted the next update would be in 60 days. They sent another last week, with no new info again noting they would update again within 60 days. Since I reply to all of these looking for more info - I got another again today with the same lack of info so I wrote again, explaining what an update is and that I wanted an actual update on what the had done in the last 60 days.

I know the volly of letters is annoying them & to be honest it's irritating me too but I'm hoping it will eventually lead them to cave in. It also portrays just how difficult they are to deal with. I can pm you a phone number on the letters too. Mr feiritear has rang me from it but I prefer all dealings in writing as we have a concrete record and they have to take them more seriously I hear.

The banks must have clear guidelines from central bank then?

I mean if those same institutions who kept saying: no you're not entitled to a tracker , if they take another look why would they reach a different conclusion?

And if they are employing say 300 employees to look at the contracts, what instructions are ther issuing to the employees? Be honest this time? Be more generous?

Obviously they are not going to waste the time of 300 employees?
Maybe one of the approximately 1000 bank officials employed across all the banks to examine trackers could tell us what is their criteria for returning customers to tracker?

It's a pity there are no whistle blower former staff who knew of the changes made to systems to stop the mortgages defaulting to trackers on fixed rate maturity. There must have been widespread maintenance done by IT staff within banks to do this, it would just confirm that it actually happened deliberately.

I had to ring the Central Bank earlier to discuss an issue that has arisen. The staff member, upon hearing that I was an Ulster Bank customer, informed me that the next update was not due until later on in the year and was unlikely to be September 'due to the complexities of the investigation'.

At this point in time I think I will be lucky to hear from the bank by Spring 2017.

I had to ring the Central Bank earlier to discuss an issue that has arisen. The staff member, upon hearing that I was an Ulster Bank customer, informed me that the next update was not due until later on in the year and was unlikely to be September 'due to the complexities of the investigation'.

At this point in time I think I will be lucky to hear from the bank by Spring 2017.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/busine...tgage-redress-clarity-by-year-end-414400.html

going by comments there I think you are on the right train of thought - complexities of the investigation seems to be the party line, but i get the impression they haven't even started to be perfectly honest

Everything about UB is a disaster so I expect that they will be last to sort this out.

The letters they sent to me when I challenged the tracker issue before the CB review was announced was a disgrace!

I'll produce these letters when all this is over and make them eat their words.

Everything about UB is a disaster so I expect that they will be last to sort this out.

The letters they sent to me when I challenged the tracker issue before the CB review was announced was a disgrace!

I'll produce these letters when all this is over and make them eat their words.

very frustrating - my own emails above they have just brazenly ignored - they're something else!

It's a pity there are no whistle blower former staff who knew of the changes made to systems to stop the mortgages defaulting to trackers on fixed rate maturity. There must have been widespread maintenance done by IT staff within banks to do this, it would just confirm that it actually happened deliberately.
I'm not looking for a whistle blower.
I'm just asking one of the current thousand employees who are reviewing trackers to share the criteria they are using.

Secondly if the banks are making provision they must have an idea what cases are being returned to tracker.

I didn't mean you wanted one, I just meant in general for everyone's sake it would be great if someone spoke out about what went on to stop accounts reverting back to trackers where they should have. It didn't happen by magic so someone must know.

Bank employees not prepared to reveal what they are working on

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who are employed to review ex tracker accounts.

What criteria being applied?

Last edited by a moderator:
Graduates are employed to review ex tracker accounts.

What are you looking for?

Do you kids know what you are working on?

Maybe not.

Maybe you don't ever look at AAM.

Hello?

If this was 3am at a weekend morning in boards after hours section I'd get it but..............:confused:

All gone very Quiet

Anybody had any contact from UB or others on current situation❓

No contact from UB and I'd say they will be the last to clean this mess up. The central bank are giving banks way too much time. At least have them adjust the rates immediately like AIB are doing

Back