Pregnant girl looking for abortion money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again this is patronising, I am quite sure Sunny understands what an abortion entails (judging from her posts)

Then why does she think aborting an 8 month old unborn child should be taken with care, because it might injure the woman?

Either she doesn't understand the reality of an abortion or she simply doesn't give a damn about unborn children.

Having sex, getting pregnant and then being forced to give birth to the child is INFINITELY better than having sex, getting pregnant, and then killing the unborn child.

Can you not see one is bad but the other is extremely more severe?

In your opinion - not in other everyones opinion.

In my opinion is it infinitely worse to force the pregnancy. Again Flax - this is where we differ. I am up for the rights of the mother.

Then why does she think aborting an 8 month old unborn child should be taken with care, because it might injure the woman?

Either she doesn't understand the reality of an abortion or she simply doesn't give a damn about unborn children.

Or perhaps she has a different set of morals than people who are anti abortion.

OK. You put the rights of the mother ahead of the unborn child, even if this means defending her right to abort her child's life because she couldn't be arsed giving birth and giving the child away for adoption.

I think you are grossly misunderstanding what an abortion does - it kills a life.

I'm not a medical professional, so me doing it would be like letting a blind man do it.
This argument is baffling actually because there are plenty of things I agree with that Id rather not do as a job. Like sewerage systems for example. Or surgery - I totally agree with surgery but I wouldnt have the nerve in case I messed it up.
You people are not stupid (maybe misguided). It's the principle of it, whether you'd be prepared to get directly involved, slop out the bucket if you will.:(

aha...but from when ? Conception, conscious thought or stimulus response ?

In the UK you can abort up to 6 months. No one can argue that it is just a blob at 6 months - it's not - it's a life.

If there was a strict limit of perhaps one week after you discover you're pregnant (i.e. 4 - 6 weeks after the act) then perhaps I'd be more flexible, but the reality is no one has abortions at that early stage.

My stance is very 'grey area' and I can probably have that stance as a man I would never have a definitive input as to choosing to abort or not. I do think that the arguments at both sides have been good at times but often lose credibility with nuggets like 'if you agree then you should carry out the abortion' or at the other side 'I look at some kids and their parents and think they should have been aborted' - a nice little foray into genocide. There is a lot of emotion attached and it is a very personal situation but my own particular leanings are to the childs right and the fact that there have been changes in thinking as to when the embryo develops into a child it makes the decision to abort all the more difficult. The wording has been offensive to some if not most when some posters say 'kill' rather than terminate but really it is stronger language of the same meaning so maybe those offended are not as comfortable with their arguments as it seems. One other point that I would argue with is that women should not be forced to go through pregnancy, I agree that they should not be forced to conceive but when they undertake an action that has real consequences then they should not look upon it as being forced to do anything.

OK. You put the rights of the mother ahead of the unborn child, even if this means defending her right to abort her child's life because she couldn't be arsed giving birth and giving the child away for adoption.

I think you are grossly misunderstanding what an abortion does - it kills a life.

I never said I would defend the rights of a mother who couldnt be bothered giving birth - I dont think its ever that simple. There is a massive amount involved in being pregnant and giving birth, plus the possibility of complications that could threaten the mothers life.

I do understand what an abortion is Flax.

You people are not stupid (maybe misguided). It's the principle of it, whether you'd be prepared to get directly involved, slop out the bucket if you will.:(

Ah, us people. I have not gotten personal with you michaelm - why get personal with me?

I have already stated I would be prepared to get directly involved.

I personally wish abortion didn't exist. I think it is wrong under any circumstance to have an abortion except where there is a real medical issue affecting the life of the mother or child. But I cannot impose my morality on other people. Because if travelling to the UK to have an abortion is not against the law then all we have left is our own personal morality. I believe that people must ( within the confines of the law) adhere to their own code of morality. So while I am saddened by the circumstances of the OPs post and wish that the girl in question would consider anything other than an abortion ( keeping the child or adoption), I do not think that I or anyone else can force the issue.
I agree.
It is a complex issue and while emotive language should be avoided people should also be aware that it is a very serious decision with very serious consequences. There is, for me, a major clash of rights; the right of a woman to decide whether or not to go through with a pregnancy and the right to life of an unborn child. I do not know how to square the two issues.

You don't know me, what my situation is, what my past has been or anything about me that allows you to make sweeping statements like that.

I said I had serious concerns about allowing late term abortions and yes I admit that my main concern is the medical risk to the mother and the psycological damage to the mother. Late term abortions are illegal in alot of places and alot of doctors won't carry them out even where it is legal for the reasons outlined above.

Do I care for unborn children? Of course I do. I wish every child could be born into a great big loving family and not suffer from illnesses or disability.
Do I wish there was no need for abortion? Of course I do.
Do I wish young teenagers were taught sex education properly in school so they can see the consequences of entering into a sexual relationship. Yes I do.
Do I agree with the concept mentioned above of something like a lunch time abortion ( I have never heard of it). No I don't. I think everyone who expresses a wish to have an abortion should be properly counceled by an independent person and have the options explained to them.
Do I think contraceptives should be alot cheaper and more widely available? Yes I do.
But most importantly do I believe in peoples right to choose? Yes I do.

And by the way, you should also know I am an advocate of the right to die with dignity as well.

Ah, us people. I have not gotten personal with you michaelm - why get personal with me?
Any personalisation was unintended. I have been accused directly and indirectly of looking for a row, trolling, being a religious nutbar and being a lunatic so far in this thread :). I'm just trying to give a pro-life perspective, a voice to the voiceless. I'm passionately pro-life but try to argue the case dispassionately.

Mods hasn't this post veered slightly off the topic of the Ops opening post? ie was the guy being scammed and hadn't the Op effectively drawn a line under it with their last post?

So bloody patronising! - I think you are grossly misunderstanding the trauma that carrying a child to full term and then giving it away could have. Not to mention the severe pain that children of drug addicts/alcoholics are born with, all going through withdrawals and having after effects for the rest of their lives.

For the record, I am pro choice and if abortion is to be carried out I believe it should only be carried out at an early stage I don't agree with eight months or anything like it!. The first trimester would be my own personal limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back