Pregnant girl looking for abortion money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say you were weren't allowed to express your opinion? I said you are not entitled to pass judgement or impose your moral beliefs on people who disagree with you as they are not doing anything illegal.
You didn't and I didn't suggest you did.

One thing I've always found a bit strange though is that many of those who claim not be under the influence of the teachings of the catholic church just happen to hold the same views as the church do on abortion.

What a coincidence eh?

I must be influenced by the catholic church because I happen to think abortion is wrong?

The catholic church happen to have a lot of opinions on a lot of things - it makes sense *some* of my, your and everyone elses opinions will be the same as the catholic church.

Seriously, come on now.

Sunny said:
You have already exposed your moral ambiguity by stating it is acceptable to 'kill' under some circumstances

Abortion is not the black and white subject you think it is. Saying everyone should be able to have an abortion or no one should be able have an abortion is simplistic and lazy. There is a middle ground, and I happen to think that middle ground is abortion should be tolerated for extreme circumstances, for example, if the mother is going to commit suicide.

If a maniac stabbed a pregnant woman in the stomach and killed her unborn child, you would say he "killed" her unborn child. You wouldn't say he aborted her fetus. People don't use the term "kill" when talking about abortion because is it not nice, not because it is not accurate.

I am a feminist and I have a lot of friends who have had abortions, but the fact of the matter is an abortion is an extreme solution to a problem of inconvenience.

Ireland has the most restrictive abortion laws in Europe and in the vast majority of European countries abortion is available on request, without restriction - are they all wrong?
Well maybe Malta has tighter abortion laws than Ireland. Germany, France, Italy, Poland and others have various restrictions. The UK effectively has an abortion on demand regime with 200,000 abortions carried out every year. And yes, countries where abortion is legal are wrong. The tide of abortion will eventually turn and future generations will be horrified when reading the history about the rise and fall of legal abortion from 1968 Britain onwards.

Uncomfortable as it may be for some but pro-choice is the same as pro-abortion. Those who refer to clumps of cells have little idea of what abortion is. I'm against the death penalty and I think that if someone is for it then they should be prepared to do it themselves. Similarly, anyone who is for abortion should be willing to carry out or assist in the procedure.

Uncomfortable as it may be for some but pro-choice is the same as pro-abortion. Those who refer to clumps of cells have little idea of what abortion is. I'm against the death penalty and I think that if someone is for it then they should be prepared to do it themselves. Similarly, anyone who is for abortion should be willing to carry out or assist in the procedure.
I love it ! :) The lunatics have taken over the asylum ! :)

Pro-choice is saying you can have an abortion if you need one.
Pro-abortion is going up to a pregnant woman and telling her to have an abortion. See the slight difference there ?

I'm for the death penalty in certain cases. And believe me, I would have no problem putting a gun to the back of the head of some of the scum we've seen in the news recently and pulling the trigger. That would be difficult only in getting to be the one to do it out of all the people who would readily volunteer.

I'm for the availability of abortions too, but I'm not a medical professional, so me doing it would be like letting a blind man do it.

Similarly, anyone who is for abortion should be willing to carry out or assist in the procedure.

Id have no problem carrying out or assisting in abortion - as a medical procedure.

Nor would I have any problem being the person who administers lethal injection. They are both just jobs and as neither case goes against my own moral code Id do either.

Where during the pregnancy do you draw the line?

People have already stated it is not a baby until it is born. That's rather simplistic if you ask me...

I think a lot of people don't understand what an abortion is. They think it must be ok because lots of countries have legalised it. But you know what? Throughout history lots of countries have legalised lots of terrible things, e.g. slavery.

I'm against the death penalty and I think that if someone is for it then they should be prepared to do it themselves. Similarly, anyone who is for abortion should be willing to carry out or assist in the procedure.

This argument is baffling actually because there are plenty of things I agree with that Id rather not do as a job. Like sewerage systems for example. Or surgery - I totally agree with surgery but I wouldnt have the nerve in case I messed it up.

That is exactly how I would say it. I would never use the word kill about the aborting of a fetus.
Fetus is simply the term for an unborn child from eight weeks until birth. It's linguistic semantics; people are more comfortable with 'abort the fetus' than with 'kill the unborn'; somewhat similar to the military using 'collateral damage' to describe 'civilian deaths'.

No. Now will you answer my question?

I have no problem saying I would have serious concerns about late term abortions mainly because of the likely impact on the woman but I do understand them if there is medical concerns with regard the safety of the mother or if it can determined that the child would have severe disabilities or illness. Anyway, I don't think many women would go through 6 months of pregnancy and suddenly wake up and decide she wanted an abortion for the sake of convenience.

Fetus is simply the term for an unborn child from eight weeks until birth. It's linguistic semantics; people are more comfortable with 'abort the fetus' than with 'kill the unborn'; somewhat similar to the military using 'collateral damage' to describe 'civilian deaths'.

Yes, people are either refusing to understand this or are unable to understand this. This is scary as we're talking about life and death.

I dunno. I just think it's sad that so many people have lost the sense of the importance and value of life. They think their own comfort is more important, and like so many people these days do not understand the concept of personal responsibility.

I have no problem saying I would have serious concerns about late term abortions mainly because of the likely impact on the woman

Do you care about the unborn at all?

You do realise they are aborting an actual human life?

Yes, people are either refusing to understand this or are unable to understand this. This is scary as we're talking about life and death.

Just because people disagree with your opinion does not mean they do not understand or are unable to understand any of this. That is an extremely patronising attitude to take.

I personally find it just as scary that someone would force a woman to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. Its just a different point of view - you can disagree with me but that does not mean that you are right and I am wrong (or vice versa).

Where during the pregnancy do you draw the line?

Maybe some of the 'for' camp should answer purples question first, it is a reasonable question and offers the chance for a direct answer rather than a reaction, so will someone or all opposed to an unborns childs right to life answer purples Q: Are you cool with abortion at 8 months pregnancy?

Just because people disagree with your opinion does not mean they do not understand or are unable to understand any of this. That is an extremely patronising attitude to take.

I personally find it just as scary that someone would force a woman to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. Its just a different point of view - you can disagree with me but that does not mean that you are right and I am wrong (or vice versa).

Having sex, getting pregnant and then being forced to give birth to the child is INFINITELY better than having sex, getting pregnant, and then killing the unborn child.

Can you not see one is bad but the other is extremely more severe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back