Post 1995 Public Sector Pension

See notional service thread above, item (15).
I note what you say but section 19 of the 12/2024 circular says categorically that purchased service is excluded when calculating the OSP. That’s my point, and what my pensions people indicated.
Not seeing how purchased service can be part of the OSP calculation or how DingDong at post 12 has come to the conclusion that OSP is payable on notional service.
 
@Nordkapp, Circular 12/2024 issued by the DPER is relevant to all integrated/co-ordination pensions Post 1995 - Pre2013.
Department of Education have also provided clarifications/information note on the OSP

Thanks for sharing. I see it states:
"In the case of cost neutral early retirement pension, Supplementary Pension is not payable before age 60 or age 65 in the case of a New Entrant."
If I am a post 95-pre 2013 person, hoping to take CNER at 60 (I will have 35 years service and 2080 COAP contributions at this point) - does this mean I can get the supplementary pension from 60 onwards?
 
Last edited:
That’s would depend on exactly what pre 2013 scheme you are in when you started, and what the pension age is for your year of starting. As they were different schemes for different areas there are slight differences.
 
note what you say but section 19 of the 12/2024 circular says categorically that purchased service is excluded when calculating the OSP. That’s my point, and what my pensions people indicated.
@Nordkapp, apologies for confusion. I had noted that in thread 12, from DingDing, his supplementary pension had not increased with the latest pay parity in August, and I was suggesting it had to do with his notional service, especially with the latest update from a poster on AAM, see 15.
I know nothing about notional service, it did not affect my pension, as my total service was my actual service. Hope this clarifies.
 
Last edited:
Just regarding the ASC refund...who do you send the completed form to...your works payroll Dept or the NCCO? Thanks
In my case, I sent it to the Department of Education - Payroll Section, as advised by the Pension Unit of DOE.
If your payroll was done by the NSSO, then perhaps send it there, or if not, then send to your works payroll Dept.
 
Back
Top