Passport renewal for child

Ok, so i completed online form few days ago for my son and logged in tonight to print it out

Ive just completed online form.for another child and tried to log in right after and got an error about the security questions

I dont know if i need to wait a while before logging in or if i might have submitted incorrect info within application. Has anyone had similar issue? Thanks

Ok, so i completed online form few days ago for my son and logged in tonight to print it out

Ive just completed online form.for another child and tried to log in right after and got an error about the security questions

I dont know if i need to wait a while before logging in or if i might have submitted incorrect info within application. Has anyone had similar issue? Thanks

So i was able to log in this morning and print the form no issue.

Quick question - does it have to be the same witness to witness guardian A & Guardian B?

Im Guardian A, can i bring child and get ID confirmed and witness my signature
Can Guardian B then go elsewhere and get their consent witnessed?

Its not clear as the example form shows same witness

Has anyone just taken the digital photo themselves ? Orcwould you recommend going to one of thosephoto boots?
I did. It was accepted online by the dfa website but then rejected in the Passport Office as the dfa system had cropped the photo removing the very top of my daughter’s ponytail!

They said that there had to be a certain distance between the photographed head and the borders of the photo.

I got a link to resubmit another photo but the dfa website kept cropping the pic resulting in the same issue. That failed so I had to request another link to resubmit another photo.

That link never came. Then lo and behold, the passport arrived a week later.

Stressed doesn’t explain the experience!

I did. It was accepted online by the dfa website but then rejected in the Passport Office as the dfa system had cropped the photo removing the very top of my daughter’s ponytail!

They said that there had to be a certain distance between the photographed head and the borders of the photo.

I got a link to resubmit another photo but the dfa website kept cropping the pic resulting in the same issue. That failed so I had to request another link to resubmit another photo.

That link never came. Then lo and behold, the passport arrived a week later.

Stressed doesn’t explain the experience!

Oh god thats terrible. I took the photos and submitted. Seem ok but hard to know if they will be rejected. What a three ring circus

Has anyone experienced issues if they had different witnesses to passport application? Trying to get that consent form sorted now

Has anyone experienced issues if they had different witnesses to passport application? Trying to get that consent form sorted now
Just go to the Garda station and have the same Garda witness all signatures. Be very very careful to read the consent form carefully as it can be confusing as to who signs where. Just follow the instructions, but be careful that the Guard doesn’t sign where you should sign or vice versa.

I did a child renewal passport recently. My husband and I had different witnesses. No problems. Passport arrived on the expected date.

Great thank you for the advice! He needs the passport for September apparently in order to book a trip away. Hadnt thought of it at all being honest.
Thank you for the heads up regarding garda vetting. Any idea if he would need the placement first then vetted just for that?
I remember few years back i had to be vetted for coaching little athletics and separate vetting for scouts. Took so long. Thank you, really appreciate it
Honestly I am unsure, but what I would recommend you do is Enquire with the school and maybe also Enquire with your local Garda station. Its best if you get the ball rolling *Before say Mid September.

Just an update that it took approx 2 weeks from when they received consent form, to when childrens renewal passports arrived. The estimate date had been end august and they arrived 2 weeks early.

My son is trying to renew his passport. He had about six photos before one was accepted , fee paid . Four days later he receives a text to say his photo was not accepted. He has tried another six photos but none have been accepted. Different backgrounds, not too bright or too dark.
Just as well he is not in a hurry with it but it is very frustrating..

My son is trying to renew his passport. He had about six photos before one was accepted , fee paid . Four days later he receives a text to say his photo was not accepted. He has tried another six photos but none have been accepted. Different backgrounds, not too bright or too dark.
Just as well he is not in a hurry with it but it is very frustrating..
Aren't the passport photo technical requirements pretty clear?

I've heard a common mistake is trying to fill the frame, try taking from further back and leave space around the head.
The guidelines are very clear and I have tried taken them back a little , forward a little with a light background, slightly darker background even in different parts of the house .

He even used the same photo that was accepted for his Public Service Card .

We did it for ours, he was smiling but they accepted it.

All depends on your child and how easy you think it might be to get them to sit still in one of those booths. At least at home you can get them at their calmest and it's not a big deal to quit and try later if they're not in the mood.
You can also put them on the floor to do it, far easier then to sit still.

Reactions: Leo
Back