Passport renewal for child

Finally got a photo accepted......for now at least . Fingers crossed for the next few days.. ...it should be a tricky game of golf tomorrow so :D

Photo not accepted once again, new one accepted, for another few days .
One of my kids got passport photos at a booth in a shopping centre at the weekend. €8 for printed photos and a code to download a digital version . . not sure but I think they could have got digital only for €3. All very straight forward.

Last edited:
I might have to do that ...My son , who is not a child by the way had his photo accepted twice only for three days later to be rejected. He will soldier on....

I might have to do that ...My son , who is not a child by the way had his photo accepted twice only for three days later to be rejected. He will soldier on....
Do you not think at this stage, since you're on here for advice, that your son clearly has some issue with doing his own photos. So the solution is to go to a professional. Because the issue is not the system.

Do you not think at this stage, since you're on here for advice, that your son clearly has some issue with doing his own photos. So the solution is to go to a professional. Because the issue is not the system.
I actually took the photos both on a phone and on an I pad with the same results.
Like I said one of the same photos was ok for his PPC card...

Did u ever hear of a public service card....and yes is the answer..
So you meant PSC not PPC presumably?

The photo requirements for the PSC and passport are not identical.

Reactions: Leo
Correct. PSC. I have read the guidelines for the passport everytime the photo failed . The photo for my PSC is identical to the one on my passport also. Perhaps they will accept the latest one .

And then the passport arrived this morning....without any professional help..... persistence paid off .

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. My recent schoolboy error necessitated a trip to Mount Street and €150 additional charge for a same day passport. Ouch!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. My recent schoolboy error necessitated a trip to Mount Street and €150 additional charge for a same day passport. Ouch!
Ouch is right. No chance of re winding that clock :rolleyes: ...

Back