Parklands, Northwood, Santry

The developers or the site foreman, I guess. As I said, in Temple Court all skirting boards were fixed (using glue) unless you asked for it to be tacked.

from Amanda:

"The first lot of completion notices will be sent by the end of the week, i do not as of yet have the numbers that the notice was sent to. Unfortunatly the skirting is nailed and they will not be making any changes to this."

Jamie

What does that mean?Its tacked then and not glued:confused: so we'll be ok to put down the floorboards?????

Eh, it's nailed, not tacked. If it was tacked you would be able to remove the skirting handy enough.. Lay the floor and then replace the skirting. Nailing it means it will be difficult to remove the skirting without breaking it.

jamie said:
Eh, it's nailed, not tacked. If it was tacked you would be able to remove the skirting handy enough.. Lay the floor and then replace the skirting. Nailing it means it will be difficult to remove the skirting without breaking it.

You will have to remove the skirting before you lay the floor, unless you use beading to cover the gap. If the skirting board is not tacked, it is not easy to remove it without damaging the skirting board, and (even more so) the plasterboard. One skirting board was glued in our apartment, and the plasterboard had to be redone..

Looks like we are all the same boat and the skirting is nailed and we have no choice but bead it.

If it is glued and nailed it can still be removed relatively easily with a claw hammer. Take your time and it will not cause too much damage.
A slightly higher skirting will cover any damage and filler and new lick of paint finish it off. You may have to cut a small bit out of the architarves on the door if you use a higher skirting.
A carpenter from the site could do this all with no stress for your self for 50-150 depending....We had a guy do ours on Lunch break while they were snagging at ours.
It is definitely worth doing the beading looks poor...

Hey folks - one of the blocks (nearest to Temple Court) is definitely ready for snagging. Walked past it last night and all the windows have been cleaned, inside swept etc so it looks ready for action. Still a lot of work to do at the back of the building but I'd say they will give you access from the side entrance. Good Luck!

moonbeam said:
Hey everyone,

Was up looking at the apartments at the wkend, they are looking good, hopefully it wont be much longer.We bought in Block 5 so hope to be in in the summer :)

Hi Moonbeam
On the above u mention hope to be in by the Summer
Just wondering did u get this date from agent/developer, My friend and myself who bought in Block 5 and Block 6 were given completion dates of the Earliest Dec 2006 and were told probably be as late as Mar 2007 by the agent when we bought.

HI GUYS,

i was away for a few days and only catching up now. I was told that block 4 would not start snagging block until may.

is it too late for block 4 people to tell the builders to only tack the skirting boards?

Hi Sue

Hope you had a nice Easter

reading previous replies it looks as if skirts are nailed already and can't be changed

from Amanda:

"The first lot of completion notices will be sent by the end of the week, i do not as of yet have the numbers that the notice was sent to. Unfortunatly the skirting is nailed and they will not be making any changes to this."

regards
The Badger

Back