Parklands, Northwood, Santry

Took another drive to Parklands at the weekend (sad, I know) - by the looks of things, I think they might be a bit optimistic with the completion date of 7 April. The pavements are not laid yet around the blocks as far as I could make out - surely this would need to be laid before they ask us to snag (probably more important to me as a ground floor buyer).

Did anyone manage to get on site? I was going to ask but then bottled it!!!!

Ye, i am abit sad as well. bfr and i were up there looking as well at the weekend and i said the exactly the same thing. When i went up there was no builders around.

Perhaps we drove by each other Sue :) I saw several cars loitering around the area ;)

Actually when I was about, there was a couple of builders outside the site having their lunch but the site seemed to be closed :confused:

hey all, I bought a ground floor in block 3.. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about about how much the management fees are likely to be? Thanks. J.

As Sue says best asking Amanda but I think I remember a figure between 1500-1800 being mentioned when going through contracts but as Sue says this will depend on size of apartment.

As a forenote I recently saw a programme about apartments in Dublin, landlords,Management fees etc. and Northwood was mentioned in it because the residences had recently negotiated a substantial discount with the management company.

I just got an email back from amanda, she said that the figures for the management fees have not been agreed yet.

Is anybody else getting an alarm fitted?

Management fees for a 2 bed in Temple Court last year were approx. 1,600 euro. Fees in Parklands should be somewhere along those lines.

Hi,

Swung by Parklands last night and they were doing some paving work on the temple gardens/ block 3 side. Looks like Block 3 is not far off now, although I got a mail from Amanda stating the following:

"We are hoping that snagg letters will be going out this week. However we are not sure as yet which side they are starting from."

J.

jamie said:
Hi,

Swung by Parklands last night and they were doing some paving work on the temple gardens/ block 3 side. Looks like Block 3 is not far off now, although I got a mail from Amanda stating the following:

"We are hoping that snagg letters will be going out this week. However we are not sure as yet which side they are starting from."

J.

I had a look last night, still does look like a building site at the back of block 3 & 4! diggers etc, paving still no finished etc. maybe it will be a few for weeks.

Had a quick look at the apartments on saturday(finally asked the forman to let me in). block 3 is ready to go but he said they are just waiting for the ESB to show up etc. They apartments are looking really well. :)

Hey everyone,

Was up looking at the apartments at the wkend, they are looking good, hopefully it wont be much longer.We bought in Block 5 so hope to be in in the summer :)

Is anyone getting floor boards put down.I heard if the skirting is tacked that they can pull it up again do the floors and then put it back again.Can anyone recoomend someone to do that?

The forman said it will two-three weeks for block 4. I asked him about the wooden floors in the apartments , he said that there is no proble, having them on any floor.

moonbeam said:
.I heard if the skirting is tacked that they can pull it up again do the floors and then put it back again.Can anyone recoomend someone to do that?

Did you ask the builders to tack the skirting? It is probably a bit late now...
jd

Thats good you can get them on any floor.Are you getting them done Sue?If so are pulling up the skirting boards?

Any word on the management fees?Im on the second floor.

We never said anything to the builders but I thought you could get them pulled up anyway?I saw a post in the Lyewood Mews Thread that they were able to pull theirs up.Oh god now Im getting worried :confused:

moonbeam said:
We never said anything to the builders but I thought you could get them pulled up anyway?I saw a post in the Lyewood Mews Thread that they were able to pull theirs up.Oh god now Im getting worried :confused:
You can pull them off if they are not tacked, but it is not that easy to do it without damaging the plasterboard/skirting board. If I were you I'd give them a call. You can lay wooden floors up to the skirting board, and use beading to cover the expansion gap, but IMHO it looks a lot better to lay the floor with the skirting removed.

I really do not anything about the skirting boards, i will def be getting wooden floors in the living area. Does anybosy have anybody lined up to do it?

Anybody else getting a power shower?

Back