Parking outside house buggy owner annoyed

Agree with you there Purp, if you need a car, don't buy or rent a house without the space for it. If you didnt need a car at the time of your purchase, and your situation changes, so must your house.

Yup, as we can all just drop everything and move house...:rolleyes:

We're not all in ideal situations where everything is as simple as that! I'm lucky that my apartment comes with it's own pre-designated spot....but damn does it annoy me when I come home from work and find someone parked in it!

Yup, as we can all just drop everything and move house...:rolleyes:

I know that you cant just drop everything but you would have to move into the market for a new house or apartment with space. If you dont have a space for your car, would you not try and remedy this by moving?

keep on parking on the footpath as you do, I live in an estate and everyone does it otherwise there would be no room on the roads. Also as estates tend not to be too busy 'car wise', ie. travellers once they're home often dont move again, there's plenty of room for her to walk on the road. If the gardai came they would warn you I guess but they'd also have to do it to everyone else.

You would not be telling people it is ok to break the law, would you?

keep on parking on the footpath as you do, I live in an estate and everyone does it otherwise there would be no room on the roads. Also as estates tend not to be too busy 'car wise', ie. travellers once they're home often dont move again, there's plenty of room for her to walk on the road. If the gardai came they would warn you I guess but they'd also have to do it to everyone else.
And to hell with those pesky blind people, shure who let them out on their own - right?

Very true. How dare blind people think that they can safely walk the paths.. :rolleyes:

Dont they know people have to park their cars there, thats what paths are for!

We live in a cup de sac of about 25 houses. Most people have paved in part of their garden to accomodate extra cars - adult kids etc. One rented house opposite has four cars with space for one car in the driveway and one outside. One guy was continuously parking outside our house and others, sometimes leaving the car there for days. Not only that, but, he would park on the grass verge between the two trees, churning up the grass verge and taking up two spaces outside the two joined semi d's. Notes failed to re-educate him. As a last resort, we "accessed" his car and moved it around to a common area around the corner. We did it four times... Now... No problemo! Lesson learnt! People will walk on nice people unless forced to stop.

I really really hope that you are clamped, because that's an utterly obnoxious post. "there's plenty of room for her to walk on the road."??? So you would put people in harm's way because you feel an entitlement to park illegally? Charming. :mad:

Intresting subject, as I just posted about a problem I encountered, for me I am in a wheelchair trying to get to the shops.

Intresting subject, as I just posted about a problem I encountered, for me I am in a wheelchair trying to get to the shops.

Wheel chairs users aren't that common. I'd say if you flyer'ed the houses where its a problem, explaining the problem, most people would change their behavior.

Wheel chairs users aren't that common. I'd say if you flyer'ed the houses where its a problem, explaining the problem, most people would change their behavior.

That amounts to saying that wheelchair users should have only certain routes open to them and, even then, as a concession that they have to request.

That doesn't help them anywhere else they might want to travel to. How about if the Gardai and local authorities did they jobs and enforced parking regulations properly? I'd say that would have a more lasting effect on peoples behaviour.

That doesn't help them anywhere else they might want to travel to. How about if the Gardai and local authorities did they jobs and enforced parking regulations properly? I'd say that would have a more lasting effect on peoples behaviour.

In theory thats what should happen. In real life there isn't a snowballs chance of that happening.

That amounts to saying that wheelchair users should have only certain routes open to them and, even then, as a concession that they have to request.

Its just being practical. Its something you could do today and perhaps see immediate results from. Changing the whole country, every Garda, and local authority might take a bit longer.

Of course you could just wait for the Gardai to do a biltz on parking in your local area. Thats sure to win people over in the area you live in. I'd say you'll be waiting for them to do it, based on past experience with them.

Some people are great re parking , however i notice a few houses are rented out, many different people stay there, and when they park they try to get to the front gate, they abandon cars on footpaths, cyclelane etc. I use one route to go to the shops, and a different route to get to work as they are in different directions.

I know it is difficult for some to get parking, and the temptation to go across the footpath is there,

I really dont knw why the government bother passing laws that they dont follow, unless they are made do so by Europe

Back