Online Photo-to-canvas recommendations?

I looked at updone over the weekend on the recommendations here and was very impressed. I was ordering one canvas and as I was browsing through the pages I noticed that the more you order the cheaper it is so I put in a second slightly smaller canvas for a different picture which reduced my original canvas by $25.00. Total including delivery was $71.00. Just checked and it was shipped last night so can't wait to see them.

Last edited:
I have used xprint in dublin thier quality seems very good,and they are very helpful in the shop,the might be a bit more expensive than some american sites but you are sure of the quality you are going to get and they are fast.Here is their web adress and thier postage is free in ireland and they give you a free 12x16 print free with every canvas.www.xprintcanvas.com

Welcome to AAM, any affiliation to this company ??
http://www.xprintcanvas.com/

I have used xprint in dublin thier quality seems very good,and they are very helpful in the shop,the might be a bit more expensive than some american sites but you are sure of the quality you are going to get and they are fast

a bit more expensive
??

Photobox.ie - 80cm x 53.5 cm - €131.99 plus p&p (€11.00)

Updone.com - 80cm x 54 cm - USD 74.17 plus p&p (USD 11.87)

Xprint -
50cm x 70cm - €149.00 :eek:
60cm x 80 cm - €179.00 :eek:

Shellstar, it would be interesting if you would post how long it took to receive delivery and also if you are/were required to pay any additional duty, taxes, etc when items were delivered.

I got a couple of deliveries from Updone and they are excellent quality. I wasn't charged any customs charges for the first shipment but was for the second. I can't for the life of me figure out how they came up with the VAT charge.

The order total cam to $119.58 and I was charged €17.27 VAT plus the "Other Charges". I've been racking my brain to find out how they came up with the VAT figure.

They have the exchange rate as 157.41 which I can only presume is €1 = $1.57. They were described as "Hand Painted Art Work" which implies a VAT rate of 13.5% so by my calculations the VAT should be

$ Amount = 119.58
€ Amount = 119.58/1.57 = €76.17
VAT = €76.17 x 0.135 = €10.28

Even if they had used the incorrect VAT rate of 21% it should only come to €15.99.

It's only €7 but I hate feeling like I've been done. Can I query this and cancel the cheque I gave them?

Even with this hassle it is an excellent service provided by Updone. I got 3 16"x24" canvases for that price, delivered 5 days after my order.

Based on recommendations on AAM, I used www.updone.com and had a canvas sent as a gift to family in the USA. Although I haven't actually seen the final piece, the recipients are delighted. The whole process took about 6 or seven days.
Another way AAM has helped. Thanks. :)

Based on recommendations on AAM, I used www.updone.com and had a canvas sent as a gift to family in the USA. Although I haven't actually seen the final piece, the recipients are delighted. The whole process took about 6 or seven days.
Another way AAM has helped. Thanks. :)
I'm sure it was top quality based on my own experience!

Hi all,

I was trying to order a canvas on the updone website but it would not accept my address without a zip code. Can anyone advise how to get around this?
Thanks.

Hi all,

I was trying to order a canvas on the updone website but it would not accept my address without a zip code. Can anyone advise how to get around this?
Thanks.

Providing your full address is included on the order just type "11111" into the Zip code, that's what I did and it works.

Can I query this and cancel the cheque I gave them?
I wouldn't cancel the cheque but you should query it with the courier company who cleared the goods. IME all shipments that came for me via UPS were stopped and I was charged the VAT/Customs Clearance except for the last one they used Fedex through Shannon, there was no COD requested on that one :confused:

Oh, and the VAT rate is 21% not 13.5% in this instance

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else used updone.com ??? going to order some of my wedding photos on canvas this weekend and these guys look the best value overall !

My order was shipped on the 17th of September but I still haven't received it. I have emailed them a few times but they haven't replied. Not looking too good. I am really disappointed as I had great hopes for their service.

hi guys,

has anyone ordered b&w pics from this?
Also, anyone ordered old pics (80's style square ones!) they scanned in to be converted to canvas. Would love to do some of my old pics.

Thanks!

Ordered two canvases from Updone on 19th sep, arrived on 26th sep with Fedex. Updone provided me with a tracking number as soon as the order was processed and I was able to track the delivery. Very good service!!!

The quality of the canvas itself and the construction of the frame is very impressive and the savings are fantastic compared to some Irish based suppliers.

I had never heard of updone until I saw the post here. I had been considering getting three photos printed with Hardly Normal, cost about 140 euro each. I logged in to Updone on Saturday and the three of them came to 145 dollars total (about 100 euro). Not sure how much tax I'll have to pay on delivery, but it still won't amount to more than the cost of one photo with Hardly Normal.
Thanks to the posters who brought Updone to my attention. Will post back with details on tax and on quality etc.

My order was shipped on the 17th of September but I still haven't received it. I have emailed them a few times but they haven't replied. Not looking too good. I am really disappointed as I had great hopes for their service

That's surprising, have you heard anything yet ?

Received my photo yesterday by post rather than by courier which may account for the delay. When I first ordered I got a Fedex reference which never worked so this made me a little nervous. Very happy with the results and it only cost me €25. Will definately use them again now that they came good in the end.

Received my photo yesterday by post rather than by courier which may account for the delay. When I first ordered I got a Fedex reference which never worked so this made me a little nervous. Very happy with the results and it only cost me €25. Will definately use them again now that they came good in the end.
Chance your arm for a discount code from them for the delay in receiving the goods?:)

To be honest I think they ship by different methods relative to the cost of the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update of my experience with Updone. They seem to be a bit slower compared to the experience of previous posters. Here's my account summary:

Order ##### Status Detail Wed Oct 08 01:50:45 EDT 2008
Payment was paid successfully. Order will be shipped soon.

Sat Oct 04 23:11:23 EDT 2008
Payment was held successfully. Order has been processed well so far. Thank you.

Sat Oct 04 23:08:29 EDT 2008
Order items' availability has been checked. In three days, order will be shipped.

Sat Oct 04 12:58:29 EDT 2008
Order has been placed, pending for process

In short, on Saturday they promised that the order would be shipped in 3 days, four days later thay say that it will be shipped soon. Nothing to be concerned about, but would explain why some posters found delivery to be slower than expected.
Will post details when I eventually get the stuff.

Back