My grandparents lived on a state pension. His. From a full working life by him and she brought up their large family. Children sent back to the countryside in school holidays, as they had so many to feed. I stayed with them from time to time, they couldn’t afford to heat their house, put milk cartons on the fire as a source of fuel, they had free travel, but no real money, the least a society, a very wealthy one, can do is look after its elderly. If some are getting too much, tax them. But don’t begrudge or whinge about the level of state pension.
Yes they owned their home. With an outside toilet, neither could make it upstairs to their bathroom. They asked nothing of anyone, lived within their means, had no holidays. AAM only seems to know middle class pensioners with state pensions, private pensions, expensive houses.
I think fuel allowance should be very targeted. It was bananas that I, non resident, got the electricity rebate, multiple times, 2 years ago, for my ex tenanted flats…
Yes they owned their home. With an outside toilet, neither could make it upstairs to their bathroom. They asked nothing of anyone, lived within their means, had no holidays. AAM only seems to know middle class pensioners with state pensions, private pensions, expensive houses.
I think fuel allowance should be very targeted. It was bananas that I, non resident, got the electricity rebate, multiple times, 2 years ago, for my ex tenanted flats…