OK! defend Goody tribute edition

In my opinion, the saddest thing in the whole circus is (primarily British) public's idolising of a woman who was famous for nothing. Talentless and ignorant person, light years away from being worthy of being a role modeel to anyone. Somebody even suggested that the Mother's day is renamed to Jade Goody Rememberance Day!!!

I don't understand people who keep going on about her being a great mother - 99.9% of other women are great mothers too, probably better in fact as they would not leave their children for weeks to make an appearance on a realty show.

I think Jade rose above her terribly dysfunctional upbringing and managed to make something of her life. She also ensured her sons would be provided with the education and proper start in life that she never got. For that I admire her.

However, I think her funeral is getting totally out of hand and is turning into a complete circus. There is just something really distasteful about the whole thing. Its like the British public (or some of them) have lost all sense of reality.

She also ensured her sons would be provided with the education and proper start in life that she never got.
How much is required to provide two boys with education and the 'proper start in life'? Hadn't she earned enough in the previous five years to cover this? Is there any point where you could draw a line between 'providing for their education' and 'greed'?

How much is required to provide two boys with education and the 'proper start in life'? Hadn't she earned enough in the previous five years to cover this? Is there any point where you could draw a line between 'providing for their education' and 'greed'?

My thoughts exactly! Besides, does dragging your young children through a media circus qualify as giving them the 'proper start in life'? Personally, I don't think so!

Back