OA contact with Bankrupts? 29th July discharge date approaching

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if there is a cut off point on how much you pay back in total on an IPA/IPO for your duration of bankruptcy or is there even such a thing as a cut off point.

Hi Ciara, No would be the short answer. it seems people only started getting contacted this week, considering that there are around many hundreds of people to exit on the one day it could take into next week to get to everyone. I have not been contacted yet either.
Thanks!! Still waiting, anxiously 2 weeks to go!!!

Hi folks - I would highly recommend John O'Connor down in Tipp, at Hibernia as a PIP, really good guy.

Hi Ciara, No would be the short answer. it seems people only started getting contacted this week, considering that there are around many hundreds of people to exit on the one day it could take into next week to get to everyone. I have not been contacted yet either.
Still nothing :-( Have you been contacted yet? Anybody else?

Still nothing :-( Have you been contacted yet? Anybody else?

I hadn't been contacted either so called them a moment ago and they confirmed I am scheduled for discharge on the 29th. They said a letter will be issued along with a Frequently Asked Questions page.

A friendly lady picked up immediately, give them a call if you're worried 076 1064232

I hadn't been contacted either so called them a moment ago and they confirmed I am scheduled for discharge on the 29th. They said a letter will be issued along with a Frequently Asked Questions page.

A friendly lady picked up immediately, give them a call if you're worried 076 1064232
Thanks for that Matthew! Happy days!!

Fair play Matthew!

Hi all.

We are nearly there thank god. Received nothing yet regarding discharge tomorrow. Interesting thing to take note of. Rang an insurance company yesterday regarding my home insurance (contents only) as I had to give up my family home and am renting now. Their new list of questions now consist of are you a bankrupt or have ever been a bankrupt and if you are they won't insure you. Even though I have my car insurance with them and 4 family members insured with them and I recommended this insurance company to them. They say after been discharged from bankruptcy you can move on with your life. It's not going to be that easy it seems.

We're almost there!

ShotFall9.ashx

Yes well done all. I reckon it will be a few months before I acclimatise to a new reality. but , that wasn't easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's me out the other side. Done and dusted with no IPO and no contact from ISI.
Overall, I felt the year went fairly quick eventhough I was like a prisoner marking off the weeks on a calender which was stuck on the fridge.

Back