OA contact with Bankrupts? 29th July discharge date approaching

Stuboy

With the date of discharge of 29/07 approaching for many of us bankrupts, has anyone (bankrupts obviously) been contacted by the OA's office for assessment pre-discharge?

I've had no contact in at least 9 months save the general email on how 1 year would operate.
Hoping it will go smoothly with no late hiccups but have a nagging doubt.

It would be morally wrong in my opinion to throw a spanner in works at this stage save for a finding of serious abuse.

I've had no contact in at least 9 months

Great, so no contact at all from OA from declaration of bankruptcy (unless finances improve or worsen, thus impacting your RLE threshold).

No new request for bank statements etc?

I'm quietly looking forward to bankruptcy ;)

I made contact with them a number of month ago with a query on discharge and got hit with a spur of the moment assessment for my troubles. that was back in feb, so i presume that I won't hear from them again.

Same as Stuboy here folks, made the mistake of rising my head and got the request for Bank statements/payslips etc etc again.

Keepin Schtum for another 29 days :)

I presume we'll all be asked for payslips/statements at point of discharge?

Hi everyone, tomorrow 4 weeks is our big day and looking forward to it. Wondering if anyone can help me with my question. I have been paying an income payment agreement since i was declared bankrupt (pretty steep payment) as im in fulltime permanent employment at whIch i work very hard at but am grateful i have a job however i kept my head down, kept my nose clean and got on with it.

I know my payment order continues for another year after my discharge with payslips having to be provided but at any point now or directly after July 29th can i pay a deal for a lumpsum one off payment for a lesser amount that i would have to be for the year.

I would be grateful for replies and thanks in advance for same and thanks to everyone on this forum for all information given. Very helpful and goid luck to everyone on July 29th.

Same as Stuboy here folks, made the mistake of rising my head and got the request for Bank statements/payslips etc etc again.

Keepin Schtum for another 29 days :)

I presume we'll all be asked for payslips/statements at point of discharge?

I can't see why they would, the discharge is automatic.
Almost a thousand people are due to be discharged on July 29th so asking for various verification just days before this would cause chaos.
The OA gave assurances they were able to handle that number of discharges on a single day so there will be political fallout if it ends up a mess.
I don't expect it will.

I imagine no requests for supplementary info of any kind will be requested within 2-3 weeks of 29th July except for a few isolated cases where there are already grave concerns on "messing".

I can't see why they would, the discharge is automatic.
Almost a thousand people are due to be discharged on July 29th so asking for various verification just days before this would cause chaos.
The OA gave assurances they were able to handle that number of discharges on a single day so there will be political fallout if it ends up a mess.
I don't expect it will.

I imagine no requests for supplementary info of any kind will be requested within 2-3 weeks of 29th July except for a few isolated cases where there are already grave concerns on "messing".
Have to agree with Silvio here, there is no way they could feasibly process around a thousand assessments within the next few weeks and continue their normal work routine of processing bankruptcy applications. I would imagine the vast majority of Bankrupts toe the line and do it all above board, it's the murky cases they proactively focus on.

Hi everyone, tomorrow 4 weeks is our big day and looking forward to it. Wondering if anyone can help me with my question. I have been paying an income payment agreement since i was declared bankrupt (pretty steep payment) as im in fulltime permanent employment at whIch i work very hard at but am grateful i have a job however i kept my head down, kept my nose clean and got on with it.

I know my payment order continues for another year after my discharge with payslips having to be provided but at any point now or directly after July 29th can i pay a deal for a lumpsum one off payment for a lesser amount that i would have to be for the year.

I would be grateful for replies and thanks in advance for same and thanks to everyone on this forum for all information given. Very helpful and goid luck to everyone on July 29th.
Honestly, I don't know, you could raise the question with an insolvency practitioner (on here) before going to the OA.

Thanks stuboy for reply. How do i go about raising the question with insolvency practitioner on forum oŕ who do i message. Grateful for any help as im knew to posting on this forum.

Has anyone received any correspondence fron ISI today?.

@Going forward, be careful. If the OA hears that there is a lump sum available the first question that will be asked is, "Where did this come from?" The second question will be, "Why wasn't this handed over to me?" Suggest saying nothing until you are discharged. Once discharged your negotiating position becomes stronger. Even after discharge I would be inclined to keep quiet, keep the lump sum to myself, and just see out the remainder of the IPA over the next year.

@Going forward, be careful. If the OA hears that there is a lump sum available the first question that will be asked is, "Where did this come from?" The second question will be, "Why wasn't this handed over to me?" Suggest saying nothing until you are discharged. Once discharged your negotiating position becomes stronger. Even after discharge I would be inclined to keep quiet, keep the lump sum to myself, and just see out the remainder of the IPA over the next year.
Yes, Unless the lump comes from a family member or from savings under the rle (although I can't see how a person can save under the rle's; I find them pretty grim to be honest, they allow existence and not much more).

And existing is all im able to do believe me. Absolutely nothing can go wrong on the rle's. A family member will gift me cash which I'm very grateful for but only if a deal can be done will i accept the gift.

Concerned that if my payments are put inplace for another year in a few weeks that at that point i won't be able to look for a deal so wondering is now the time to put my offer forward.

And existing is all im able to do believe me. Absolutely nothing can go wrong on the rle's. A family member will gift me cash which I'm very grateful for but only if a deal can be done will i accept the gift.

Concerned that if my payments are put inplace for another year in a few weeks that at that point i won't be able to look for a deal so wondering is now the time to put my offer forward.
My understanding is this: once you exit bankruptcy ( and you have an existing payment agreement, which is informal) the OA then looks to impose a payment order (which is court appointed) this order is harder to amend as it requires a court order to even amend it. (am I right in that? any PIP's or prefessionals might clarify for you)
regarding posting on this site for a professional opinion; start a new post and title it appropriately. e.g. considering offering lumpsum to OA, opinion needed. or something to that effect.

My understanding is this: once you exit bankruptcy ( and you have an existing payment agreement, which is informal) the OA then looks to impose a payment order (which is court appointed) this order is harder to amend as it requires a court order to even amend it.

I could be very wrong but I thought that an IPA must transition to an IPO pre discharge. Once discharged, the OA has absolutely zero right to enforce anything on you unless a court has ordered it while you were a bankrupt. Perhaps I'm wrong?

I could be very wrong but I thought that an IPA must transition to an IPO pre discharge. Once discharged, the OA has absolutely zero right to enforce anything on you unless a court has ordered it while you were a bankrupt. Perhaps I'm wrong?
No you're right as far as I can remember, as I stated above, the OA must go to the court to seek an IPO, as the IPA is an informal agreement.

Guys, IPOs are unusual. OA only goes to court for an IPO if it hasn't been possible to reach agreement on an IPA. Most payments are made through the IPA mechanism which is easy to mutually change, for example, if income drops. If Going forward is struggling under RLEs then maybe there is extra essential expenditure which needs to be brought to the OAs attention with a view to having the IPA amended.

How long is left on the current IPA? If it is due to end in a few weeks then Going forward should keep the head down. If the current IPA expires in a few weeks it is unlikely that the OA will have time to ask for an extension. Also, how long has the current IPA been in place for? IPAs are not supposed to last longer than 3 years.

Back