O2 Walks All Over Its Customers Again (Upgrade Eligibility Changed)

Major cutback on FREE credit with Speak easy as well but i guess the 50c should read €5 - who proof read that?

Speak easy Call Credit

For all upgrade Speak easy phones purchased, you will receive up to €40 call credit. Here's a breakdown of how to get the full credit amount.
Call Credit break down:
  • When you upgrade you will get 50c credit on your phone
  • You then receive €5 per month for the next seven months subject to a top up of €20 or more for the previous month. The first €5 will be applied within 72 hours of your registration
  • If you register your details with us online you will also receive an additional €5. This will be applied in month 8 and is also subject to minimum top up of €20 for the previous 30 day period.

They have increased the price of the phones for existing customers as well as reducing the amount of free credit. Nokia 6300 was €99 with €80 or €100 free credit, now €109 with €40 credit.

They have increased the price of the phones for existing customers as well as reducing the amount of free credit. Nokia 6300 was €99 with €80 or €100 free credit, now €109 with €40 credit.

Nice. Sounds like Telefonica weren't happy with Ireland being their most profitable market per capita - they want to extract the last drops of blood.

I'm with Vodafone and I thought I was hard done by, my phone is banjaxed also but they won't give me an upgrade until after my October bill gets paid which is the end of the month. I got my last upgrade August last year. It's like this, they have us all over a barrell and they will do what they like with us. I had been thinking of O2 but now :confused:

i had problems with o2 in the past re costs and charges. Moved to Meteor and myself and mrs Burgundy are saving about 50 a month each on our bills.

They care little about customers and will lose out a lot with the latest stunt !

Moved from 02 6 moths ago bills were 120 a month now 60 with meteor, its a no brainer.

I sorted out my problem with meteor. Cancelled my contract got a new contract which is exactly same as my old one. Got a new phone too. I got Samsung tocco on Meteor talk 60 (the lowest plan) for just 57 euro in car phone ware house this afternoon. When I asked about doing the same thing in the meteor shop this morning the guy was asking for 229 for the same phone.
It may have taken 5 weeks but I finally got my "upgrade" if you can consider it an upgrade.

I have contacted O2 but want to check if the following happened to anyone else. About three months ago I got a call stating as a valued customer they would add 100 more minutes & 100 more texts to my account, but this would be an extension to the contract for 18 months. I asked if my Gold upgrade would not be affected and this it was confirmed that it would not be. Roll on and I am now in an 18 month contract upgrade gone. I am suspicious that O2 planned to lock in customers first with the more minutes/texts and then drop the upgrades. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think this is exactly what they're doing. They're giving you a call all cheery like and telling you they can save you money but not offering the information thatthey'll be locking you into a new contract if you say yes.

If you ask if this will lock you in they will say that it will.

My O2 contract runs out in a few weeks and I got my phone call two weeks ago!

ad

I think this is exactly what they're doing. They're giving you a call all cheery like and telling you they can save you money but not offering the information thatthey'll be locking you into a new contract if you say yes.

I have had a few of these calls over the many years that I have been with O2, and I have ALWAYS been told that agreeing to their offer meant that my contract would be extended.

I have been with 02 for ages and had qualified for a platinum upgrade, I moved to 02 clear and hey presto I lost my upgrade. Sent them a nice email pointing out my lost upgrade and got an email back to say I had been re-assessed and was back to gold status. Better than nothing.

Is'nt it ironic we go into a recession so revenues will drop but to counteract that prices change upwards and hey presto they lose more revenue! I despair.

I will check meteor out as well as I did not like the way 02 took away upgrade with no warning.

noah

I have just noticed that my 2 upgrades I originally had are back on my a/c

BTW if anyone is getting a headache trying to sort out the best phone deal in the Limerick area I can highly recommend Johnny in Carphonewarehouse in Dooradoyle. As someone who is forever breaking or losing mobile phones ( and perpetually refusing insurance cover) I seem to be forever looking to replace a phone and found him really easy to deal with, got me a good phone and good package ( which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for O2 who were so painful to deal with they gave me the headache aforementioned in the first place!).

I have been with 02 for ages and had qualified for a platinum upgrade, I moved to 02 clear and hey presto I lost my upgrade. Sent them a nice email pointing out my lost upgrade and got an email back to say I had been re-assessed and was back to gold status. Better than nothing.

Is'nt it ironic we go into a recession so revenues will drop but to counteract that prices change upwards and hey presto they lose more revenue! I despair.

I will check meteor out as well as I did not like the way 02 took away upgrade with no warning.

noah

Meteor took away my upgrade too so don't expect much better. The only way I got around it was cancelling and setting up a new account. It was all thanks to carphone warehouse. Meteor stores (I tried 5 different ones) didn't have any interest, neither did customer service or the 1800 customer complaints number. I'm sticking with them because they are cheap but their customer service is the worst I have encountered.

As stated in my other post I contacted O2. They have just taken me out of contract with no penalty. I'm heading for the Meteor store, I have another account with them for business - that will be gone in 2 months when out of contract. I know times are tough but this is the time you should try to hold on to your customer base, no p*ss them off.

I finished with 02 as well after 13 years and defected to Meteor.

Talktime 300 - €50 per month - free evening and weekend calls to all networks.

Also, if you are on talktime 300 or more and your home phone is with Eircom, you can now get free all day calls to landlines.

manda do you work for meteor?

Do they do the nokia n78 looks like a great phone only seems to be on vodafone at the mo.

No I dont work for Meteor, in fact my home phone is with BT so I cant avail of that offer.

But apparently once you are with Eircom for your home phone, you get free calls to all Irish landlines, eircom or otherwise and you might even get free calls to all Meteor numbers from your eircom landline.

Back