Northern Rock deposits sold to PTSB

PTSB have clearly made a mess of their year end bank interest.

Has anyone phoned PTSB about the NR interest?

PTSB paid me interest, on my current account, as at January 3rd 2012 using a 27% DIRT rate. Payments from January 1st 2012 onwards should obviously have a 30% rate. It should have been paid as at December 30th or 31st 2011 using the 27% rate.

In fairness to NR (it was NR up until the 3rd) my account says interest paid as 31-12-11 and at 27%. I seem to remember the site being a little slow to update in previous years, just this year people are watching it a little more closely.

on the 29th Dec most of my money with NR was transferred out leaving approx 5k. Interest was credited on the 31st December.

In fairness to NR (it was NR up until the 3rd) my account says interest paid as 31-12-11 and at 27%. I seem to remember the site being a little slow to update in previous years, just this year people are watching it a little more closely.

Well then clearly PTSB have fixed the problem.

The migration to the PTSB systems seems to have gone smoothly (kept my Demand Online account open).

A call and 5 minutes later I was up and running with online banking (Open24).
Current balance and transaction history is correct and up-to-date.
I was able to add payees without problems so looks like personal details were transferred fine as you need a valid mobile number to add payees (confirmation code).

You can find online versions of the information guide and T&Cs and Charges at:
[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Back