NO WMD

The transparency of the BBC

Slightly off topic, but one of the many things that really p*sses me off about piggyists is how they "see through" WASP propaganda.

Well, i heard this BBC reporter on the presidential election in Afghanistan and she stated that whilst Kharzai (spell?) would probably win, his election would be tainted by corruption and doubts about the validity of the poll - a bit like Sadders. Hey, isn't K the WASP's Afghan Man? If the BBC was a Bliar puppet it wouln't be spreading doubts in this manner.

Iraq

The BBC is not neutral, it is slightly anti-"WASP" as you put it.
This explains its leftist leanings. Still, it is a hell of a lot better than the media freedom than existed under SADDAM.

Piggy Tom

Anybody read Tom (rugby) McGurk in the Sunni Business Post?

Tom opens by reminding us that the first casualty of war is the thruth (cringe!!). He then proceeds to let us know the real truth. I doubt whether Tom has ever been to Iraq but he seems to possess this singular talent of all piggyists of seeing through all the propaganda from the journos who are there to get at the REAL TRUTH.

Wasn't piggy Tom an avid propagator of the "UN sanctions are killing millions of Iraqi children" theory? Funny thing, the removal of the same sanctions didn't even register in his columns. Either he didn't believe the UN infanticide theory in the first place or yet again he saw through the propaganda and UN sanctions hadn't really been lifted. Or maybe it's simply that good news about Iraq and the Coalition's efforts there are not quite what he wants to report on.

What noise does a troll make?

Y'know you really need to get over your fascination with me. You're becoming obsessive about me. It's flattering and everything but it can't be very healthy for you can it?

UN

Wasn't piggy Tom an avid propagator of the "UN sanctions are killing millions of Iraqi children" theory? Funny thing, the removal of the same sanctions didn't even register in his columns

It's a bit silly to argue the merits of swapping UN sanctions for bombs and bullets to justify a position on this. The UN sanctions were causing the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqi's (either directly or indirectly) and the present situation is no better. As it always has been and forever will be, innocent people come off the worst in these things. This so-called "Operation Iraqi Freedom" seems to have done nothing for the safety of the innocents caught up in all this. That is the real crime. Forget the reasons for going to war - stated or hidden - the current issue is the day to day security of the citizens of Iraq. How can a "coalition" go to war and be so badly prepared to protect the innocents?

GAWpiness (see Kevin Myers today's IT)

Nothing personal piggy, as I don't know who you are, but you have established yourself as the symbol of GAWPiness on AAM. As an ideology GAWPiness appears to be well meaning but in its naivete it is a threat to our collective will to defend our civilised values against medieval barbarism.

Davido, I suppose my point is that piggy Tom never believed for one instant the grossly exaggerated accusations against the international community. What else explains his total silence when that supposed genocide was finished - either he didn't believe the theory in the first place or he simply doesn't give a damn for the children of Iraq, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it is the former.

Re: GAWpiness (see Kevin Myers today's IT)

Nothing personal piggy, as I don't know who you are, but you have established yourself as the symbol of GAWPiness on AAM

You're just trolling YD. You might have another name for it...but that's all it is. You should really grow up.

As an ideology GAWPiness appears to be well meaning but in its naivete it is a threat to our collective will to defend our civilised values against medieval barbarism.

Funny that a short while ago you were calling yourself balanced in your opinions and then you come out with this nonsense. Iraq posed no threat to us. No WMD. If you want to cling to the belief that they did that's your business.

Trolls

Piggy why do you react to YD? Don't you realise that is how trolls get their jerk offs?

Iraq

Piggy says " Iraq posed no threat to us" "No WMDs etc".

Do you really believe this Piggy? Saddam was the most unstable influence in the middle east in the last 15 years at least. Look at how he treated his own citizens ( eg the Kurds), look at how he treated his neighbours ( eg Kuwait ), look at how he paid big money to the families of suicide bombers in Israel, look at how he tortured people in his own country. If the IRA can hide weapons in a small place like Ireland, look at how easy it must be to hide weapons in a huge country- and a different culture/language etc - like Iraq.

Thank God for Bush + Blair.

Re: Iraq

If the IRA can hide weapons in a small place like Ireland, look at how easy it must be to hide weapons in a huge country- and a different culture/language etc - like Iraq.

Do you think it would have been OK for the UK to have invaded us in the 1980's without UN Sanction and killed thousands of innocent Irish people in order to find these weapons?

Do you think if they had done that it would have increased or decreased the possibility of terrorism in retaliation?

Even if you accept the story that this was about terrorism,
are there really people who still believe that preemptive war,
occupation, and the civilian casualties that go with it is a sensible strategy in dealing with terrorism.

I'd have thought in this country of all places people would have more sense.

-Rd

The Americans should have got the Garda from Donegal to look for the WMD's, they would have found them!

Re Iraq

No Purple they wouldn’t have found WMD, what they probably would have found are mass graves such as this one here: [broken link removed]

Re: Re Iraq

Blue Blaa
^^^

Methinks Waterford's own True Blue has returned to haunt us.

-Rd

This war

-----------------------------------------------------------------
As an ideology GAWPiness appears to be well meaning but in its naivete it is a threat to our collective will to defend our civilised values against medieval barbarism.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fist off. Yd. After making this remark you can never pass yourself off as being anything even remotely resembling center. This is verging on veiled Islamophobia without actually saying it.

The most recent argument of mass graves falls short of being a realistic endorsement for the current war. What about the 10k+ innocent Iraqi's we've killed???? Even Blair is now clutching at straws, with talk of regime change. No anti-war individual has ever mentioned that Saddam deserved to rule his country. I've seen no mention on AAM that he didn't deserve to be deposed. So, in essence it's an argument that ignores the reality of the situation. The illegality of the war. The way we were lied to. The fact that none of what we were told or are still being told even comes close to the real reasons for the conflict. And not forgetting of course the increased instability in the Middle East, the rise in terrorism and the widening rift between Muslim and Christian nations. If ever there was a whole movement to bring about something you were trying to stop in the first place...this is it. The only difference between this war and Vietnam is that the AMericans can actually sell this war to the world under the flimsy guise of fighting terrorism.

Iraq

William Fields, did you learn to spell " AMerica " in your islam and world indoctrination classes ? Why not get more study in now before ramadan, you may find it more difficult then.

John, William Fields wrote a well constructed and concise post.
You may or may not agree with it, and I don't agree with all he said, but it was a positive contribution to this topic so why did you post a mindless personalised attack like that?
I have seen much better from you so why not spell out your position and deal with the counter arguments that follow?

I think it's obvious that John is just a troll and his post was merely a sad attempt to bring this post down into its usual mire. purple, can you really take this guy seriously when he says "William Fields, did you learn to spell " AMerica " in your islam and world indoctrination classes..."? I mean seriously.

Iraq.

William Fields says we have killed tens of thousands of innocent Iraquis. No we have not. Many of those killed in Iraq are not innocent ( you are not innocent if you are shooting an AK 47 at people ) and many of those killed were not Iraqui. The chap that sawed off Ken Bigleys head is Jordinian. Many of the insurgents, militants, terrorists, call them what you like in the middle East Iraq are from other parts of the middle east, but see themselves as part of the Muslim nation / brotherhood and answer their extremists call to arms. For William Fields to infer that anyone who sees this is "islamophobic" is riduculous. Long Live Bush, Blair and all the other countries who are in Iraq at the Request of the Iraq Administration and who wish to establish democracy in Iraq.

Re: Iraq.

William Fields says we have killed tens of thousands of innocent Iraquis. No we have not

Yes...we have. Probably a lot more.
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world...672298.stm

Incidentally, the chap (as you put it) who chopped off Ken Bigley's head is a sick individual. His act is the act of a sick and twisted mind. Those individuals who take their beliefs to such extremes do not represent the majority. Not all (so called) insurgents be-head or torture captives. And, from their perspective many are seen in the Middle East as freedom fighters. You might not like that - but it's all merely about what side you're on. I am on neither side. I do not support terrorism of any kind. And that includes western terrorism. Men, women and children were slaughtered in their thousands by our bombs. Funnily enough, we never saw the pictures of those dismembered bodies on our screens.

Back