Nice restaurant Dublin 1 recomendations for tonight(Tuesday 26/05)?

NicolaM

Hi all
Planning to go out for dinner in town in approx 2 hours..We were going to go to the Gary Rhodes place, but it apparently is closed.
Can anyone recommend a nice/yummy food/yet reasonable/early bird availability restaurant this side of town?*
(Walking distance from the halfpenny bridge, not Temple bar though)
Thanks for advise

Nicola
*not that I'm being fussy or anything ;)

kohs in the italian quarter there. top notch. try the chili beef. you wont be disappointed.

unless, of course, you dont like chili beef.

:)

Check out Koh. Their website is: www.koh.ie. It's supposed to be lovely. They're in the Italian Quarter just up from the Halpenny Bridge. (in fact any of the restaurants in the Italian Quarter are lovely). Enjoy :)

edit: Aha. car got in there before me!

Fallon and Byrnes if you want your steak to leave you dribbling.

Pasta fresca, cheap and cheerful italian

Wongs Ranaleigh, not quite town but worth a trip. Great chinese

mmm. I forgot about the winding stair, and it's 2 minutes away from work.
Fallon and Byrne great, but was a bit expensivo the last time (ages ago)

We don't get out for dinner much these days, so I'm a bit excited!

Nicola

rhodes was closed when I walked past last thursday at lunch, not far from there so might stroll down today and see what the story is.

the winding stair would have been good as well. A+ grade food

so where did you end up going and what did you have?

We ended up going to Green 19, on Camden Street, chosen by my boyfriend on recommendations from a few work colleagues.

Hmm...
It is a really busy buzzing place, had to wait about an hour+ next door in Anseo having a drink.
The menu is very limited, but inexpensive.
We had a tapas type dish to start (which was OK, more like a number of crostini), then burger and chips for main courses (The main courses included fish and chips, lamb champ and maybe 2 other dishes, all in and around €10, so there wasn't much choice).
There were huge delays between ordering and getting served due to the huge numbers of customers.

Even though it's very reasonable etc, I wanted a nice night out..which this restaurant doesn't offer. I didn't really feel like a burger n chips night..It wouldn't be my scene at all. I'm more of a Winding Stair/l'Egeuleton/Nonne Valentina sort of gal.;)
It was a bit of a waste of the only dinner we'll have out for ages.
:(
It's the last time I'm letting him chose the restaurant!

It's be an fine place for lunch with some friends though, or a big work/girlie night out.
That being said, the place was completely packed all night, so a lot of people must like it (or more probably, the prices).

Nicola

If you were up that way eating meaty mains I would have suggested Darwins steak restaraunt, was in there couple of weeks ago, nicest steak I think Ive ever had in dublin.

Was in Green 19 last week myself, not great I thought as well. Tiny menu and not much bigger portions (even for the price).
A much better alternative, for even cheaper is Bliss Cafe which is just up the lane beside Eddie Rockets on Camden St. Most mains are about €8.25 and there is a much better menu.....they also do a good breakfast menu.

*Not affiliated

If you were up that way eating meaty mains I would have suggested Darwins steak restaraunt, was in there couple of weeks ago, nicest steak I think Ive ever had in dublin.

Sssssh, you don't want it to get popular.;)

On another note, we went to the Millstone on Dame St, lovely place if a bit cramped. 3 courses for E23, 2 for E18 before 7pm. Great value for central Dublin.

I'm going to be staying in D2 on Sunday night and would love some more names of good resturants for that area?

I'm going to be staying in D2 on Sunday night and would love some more names of good resturants for that area?

I assume its not D2 nightclub you're staying in ;)

I've been here before and would recommend:

Chilli Club
1 Anne's Ln
Dublin, DUBLIN2

Its just across the road from Kehoes pub and up a small lane.

Gotham Cafe is good as well beside Kehoes.

Town Bar n Grill on Kildare St is supposed to be good but is fairly dear.

HTH

Back