Newly self-employed, only profitable recently - will I get a mortgage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cousin_borat

Hi there,

Wondering what people would advise re possibility of a mortgage. I'm 37, married (wife at home), new baby and currently self employed and director/shareholder of a small software development company which after 3 years of losses is making a profit this year. I have no personal debts such as o/d, ccards, etc.

From this month I'm in a position to pay myself a regular salary. Up to this point have paid myself on a "comission" basis as deals have come into the company.

I'm considering taking a bonus of up to about €40k based on comission for recent deals closed in the UK to put towards house fund. Combined with my wifes redundancy money of €25k. Also have access to another €60k from a family member. Properties in Baldoyle where we're hoping to settle are between €300-360k.

Is there any way of leveraging above to obtain a mortgage or will I need to start paying myself a few months salary and then go to mortgage lenders? Alternatively I may have to wait until we sell a larger stage/all of the company but that is at least 2 years away and anything could happen in the meantime.

I have some connections in Investec but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions. I'm simply assuming that high street banks/underwriters won't take a look at this.

Thanks for taking the time to read and would love to hear from others who've had similar experience.

Last edited:
Ulster Bank look for 2 years accounts plus one year business statements.

Aib/BOI/Permanet TSB look for 3 years accounts.

Pepper might look for less but either way at the very minimum you will need one years accounts.

All banks like to see at least 6 months personal bank statements showing savings each month.

I'll close this one to avoid duplication and you can follow up in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back