New visitors - where did you hear of Askaboutmoney?

I heard about the site on the recent comedy...sorry, recent seriously financially useful (!) TV prog which the aforementioned Mr Hobbs did on how to spend my SSIA... This site address aside, I can't remember anything else EH had to say in that program!

Re: via search engine

Never heard of it before until I stumbled across it in Google when searching for information on Irish property.
I just joined up and found this site in google. Just wish I could work out how I ask a question!!! Abundance

Saw this site while doing a Financial Investement search on google :)
By somehow, I end up here.

I live abroad and keep an eye on property/banks etc in Ireland and often google, one day your site came up. I find it extremely informative and for free too. Another plus is there are no ads to distract. I know everyone has a bias but as anyone can contribute one can make an informed decision.
Since then I've heard the site creator on RTE radio, I have this on freeview or free to air (via SKY) and I've heard you mentioned in money programmes from time to time.
Thanks for the site it's invaluable.

Returning visitors

About 5+ years ago I was talking with friend at work about investing in shares online, etc., as I had built up a bit of extra money in my current account at the time. He suggested askaboutmoney.com as a good site and community to learn more about the various options. I didn't start dealing with share online in the end but I got very close (extra bank account, etc). Though I did setup an SSIA.

For some reason I stopped reading the forum, but I had learn't a number of things during my time spent reading the forum. Try to diversify your portfolio, markets go up and down, think long term, etc.

Now that my SSIA has matured I'm looking into the many investment options again. Maybe I'll continue to read the forum, this time. ;)

I've known about AAM for a good while now maybe over a year or so. I'm only registering now as I can't find an answer to my question!

Usually reading and searching has answered any questions I've had.

Great site. Very informative.

Welcome to Askaboutmoney. I hope you enjoy your visit and that you learn something and contribute something for others to learn.

We have done some promotion recently and would like to see how effective it has been. Please press the Add Reply button at the top of this page and let us know where you heard about us.

The more detailed the information the better. For example, "Evening Herald article, 10 April" is more useful than "newspaper article".

Thanks

Brendan Burgess
Founder
Askaboutmoney
Hi Brendan,
one of my sons told me about the site,to day 23/04/07,and already i have
found like minded people such as my self,with the same outlook or opinions
on real topics,who needs google.
thanks a bunch.
signed,
vichobbsdrew

Back