I’m just reading about these state savings and prize bonds - lot of talk of impending negative interest rates -have 60 k to “invest” for 3 years - NO RISK - what would be best now ? No access requiredEffective 24 January, the NTMA have reduced some of their State Savings rates.
- 5 year rate is now 0.59% AER tax free.
- 6 year rate is now 0.63% AER tax free.
- 10 year rate is now 0.96% AER tax free.
- The Deposit Account now pays 0.05% AER gross.
- The Prize Bond fund is now 0.35%.
Rates are so low now the new NTMA rates still remain competitive.
State Savings rates are well above sovereign bond yields.
Surprised to see the NTMA make the announcement on a weekend that is not a long weekend as per what they normally do.