New RTE programme "Burnt by the Sun" - Part 2 will be on Monday 18 May

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Demonstrate How Some Foreign Home Owners are So Stupid:- So far today on DoneDeal alone there are 7 properties advertised for rental in summer 2020.
That's not stupid at all, wait until you see the bookings from the advert :cool:

They told me that there was a lot of corruption re planning permission (surely never happened in Ireland ) so they went to a lot of effort to make sure it was copper bottomed.

but one thing that never happens in Ireland is illegal properties getting demolished which the spanish authorities will carry out. An awful lot of structures were erected without planning permission and are still standing. Remember the infamous "Achill henge" a mass concrete monstrocity erected on the previously unspoiled landscape constructed by a rogue developer and is still standing a decade later.

"Achill henge" a mass concrete monstrocity erected on the previously unspoiled landscape constructed by a rogue developer and is still standing a decade later.

And so it should, wonderful attraction.
Just as an aside, there have been some properties demolished, not many but it has happened. Don't ask me to post the link but it has been done.

When this madness was in full swing I would regularly say that many of those buying overseas holiday homes couldn’t find the location if they were give a globe - eg Cape Verde (the rumour that Ryanair were introducing direct flights), Sunny Beach Bulgaria, Bansko Bulgaria etc.

No and I don't think RTE have said. It was advertised up until this afternoon. Here is their tweet at 9.15pm - and no mention of it! :

In a change to our advertised schedule tonight on RTE 1, @ClaireByrneLive is now starting at the earlier time of 9:35pm. After that at 10:35pm, another chance to remember the wonderful work of Terry Wogan.

No and I don't think RTE have said. It was advertised up until this afternoon. Here is their tweet at 9.15pm - and no mention of it! :

In a change to our advertised schedule tonight on RTE 1, @ClaireByrneLive is now starting at the earlier time of 9:35pm. After that at 10:35pm, another chance to remember the wonderful work of Terry Wogan.

Maybe someone has issued legal proceedings?

It was showing on the Saorview TV guide for 9:35 this evening...and still is. Clare Byrne was scheduled for the 10:30 slot.

Seemingly a file mix up. This on Twitter

File mix-up due to remote working at #RTE1 means 'Burnt By The Sun' has had to be rescheduled. #burntbythesun

It was showing on the Sky Q schedule right up until around 9.15.

I suspect that it’s got more to do with Boris Johnson’s deterioration this evening than any legal action.

I don’t like him as a politician but I wish him a speedy recovery; the man is an expectant father which makes it even worse.

File mix-up due to remote working at #RTE1 means 'Burnt By The Sun' has had to be rescheduled. #burntbythesun

It would be funny if they did not notice the file mix-up and showed the other file. I wonder what the other file was?

If there's one thing that will guarantee a higher rate of viewing it's an injunction against its showing. Whoever it was applied for the injunction should have known this. Had that programme been shown last night, we'd probably still be talking about it, but by this time tomorrow it would have sunk into obscurity such is the times in which we live.

I hope it was you-know-who applied for the injunction.

I remember this happening to a similar programme on RTE a few years ago. It might also have been part two of a two-parter and I don't think it ever saw the light of day. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember what it was but can't. Maybe someone else will.

I was looking forward to it.

However the Terry Wogan programme was good. Claire Byrne misery-fest avoided like the plague if you'll pardon the expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back