New PTSB app

Roro999

Anyone else having difficulty opening this. Had no difficulty initially but not getting past the PAN.

Has automatically worked fine for me since the recent update. It seems a bit slower to open the home screen than the old app but nothing major. I'm on Android in case that matters. Maybe try clearing cache, data, or even uninstalling and reinstalling?

My wife can't open it, same as yourself, cycling after the PAN. Mine opens fine. Same account.
She rang PTSB who said to reinstall.

What precisely?
Seems fine to me.
The older version was a lot more visual and appealing, felt like there was info on the screen or something. The BOI app, while can be a bit sketchy has a great layout for the transactions.

Horses for courses, it's not my main bank so I won't lose any sleep over it.

I find the constant verification irritating; once per session or account should be enough.
I don't think that's a feature of the new app?
Repeated two factor authentication SMS verifications were always a thing with PTSB.
Annoying? Maybe.
More secure? Almost certainly.
I'm happy to put up with additional hassle for additional security.

Not yet. But will do (need help from my son in a few days) and report.
Re-installed and had to go on laptop to update password to get going again. That was about a week ago. Working fine until this morning can put in PAN but just rotating around. Have tried several times past hour. Anyone else having difficulties this morning ?

I can get in no bother, but the missus can't. My SIM is GoMo and hers is 48. And when she uses my GoMo hotspot rather than her 48 SIM, she can get in.

(For anyone who doesn't know, GoMo uses the eir network infrastructure while 48 uses Three.)

Last edited:
I am with PTSB and have not been moved to the new app! Other half has it and hates it. Not sure how I've avoided it but hoping they just 'forgot' about moving me :)

I am with PTSB and have not been moved to the new app! Other half has it and hates it. Not sure how I've avoided it but hoping they just 'forgot' about moving me :)
Maybe you didn't update the mobile app?

Back