New Late Late - Good or bad?

In fairness to the man it was his first show, and he held the interest of over 1,000,000 viewers.

It should also be remembered that he's on the public payroll himself. He's a bit of neck talking about wasteful expenditure with the salary he's on and the obvious largesse that characterised the show's new format. As someone has alluded to - a ten-member house band. Why?....and how much?

Good point. Pat Kenny is also constantly criticising public sector salaries while happily pocketing approximately 800 grand a year of taxpayers' money himself (presumably less the 10% he agreed to relinquish after throwing a strop).

To get back on topic, I don't think the Prime Time guys would have done a better job of interviewing Cowen. I think they should bring back Olivia O'Leary if they really want a hard hitting interview.

Its becoming a bit naff! Kelly Osborne - cheap teenage girl magazine interview. Total waste. Jacksons brother - kinda predictable tear jerking stuff.

Gotta ask - are the audience loaded with booze before the show? There almost always seems to be some idiots planted there who constantly shout 'whoo whoo' no mater who is brought on.... even at the end of he John Hurt interview theres a bunch of them at it - what the hell is that all about?

Michael Murphy was great - huge credit to him for coming forward and talking openly about a range of personal issues.

It's the same garabage that he had on his old show and the same hyped-up audience lapping it up.

Given that he's already said that he's not doing the current affairs stuff (which I think Pat Kenny will do excellently on his new show), he's effectively just moved from saturday to friday under the "brand" (god help us) of the "Late Late" which no doubt he's trying to "take forward".

I take back what I said two posts ago. I though the show last night was really really good he conduced the interviews with all his guests really well - I enjoyed start to finish. (well the Riki Lake bit we could have done without but otherwise the good in he grand scheme of things).

Am I right in thinking that RTE saved a lot of money in getting rid of Tubridy Tonight on Saturday and moving the show to Friday?

The Late Late seems to be following a predictable pattern every week so far under Turdidey.

1) a 'celeb' or two
2) a tear-jerker guest who pulls at our heart strings.

In fairness to the man it was his first show, and he held the interest of over 1,000,000 viewers.

You mean that there are only 1,000,000 sad people in Ireland? A happy show for sads. At least with the red tops you get a crossword and sudoku :D

True if i we knew for sure that things get managed that way but my guess is that both Kenny & Tubridy both did well out of the deal.

In light of the RTE salaries revelations, it will be interesting to see if Turbidy earns his money tonight when Vince Vaughan is on trying to sell his new film "Couples Retreat" by actually asking him why he made such a rubbish film, or will he just do what most people interviewing Hollywood 'stars' do and tell them they are so great:rolleyes:

It was slated on Matt Coopers film reviews yesterday and Rotten Tomatoes give it a massive 14/100

[broken link removed]

In light of the RTE salaries revelations, it will be interesting to see if Turbidy earns his money tonight when Vince Vaughan is on trying to sell his new film "Couples Retreat" by actually asking him why he made such a rubbish film, or will he just do what most people interviewing Hollywood 'stars' do and tell them they are so great:rolleyes:

It was slated on Matt Coopers film reviews yesterday and Rotten Tomatoes give it a massive 14/100

[broken link removed]

That explains the heavy TV advertising then - never a good sign for a movie to see TV adverts.

As I expected, plenty of fawning to Vaughan, laughing stupidly at EVERYTHING he said.

No mention of the fact that his film is getting shocking reviews.

Turbidy is no better than Johnathan Ross. He tells every single person who comes on how great they are, how great their book/film/album/soap is, yet he then goes on Film 2009 and gives bad reviews to films.

Two-faced the lot of them.

as part of the intro he stated that the film is topping the box offices everywhere..

It may well be, but perhaps that shows us how many dumb people there are out there.

Our society is getting so dumb its untrue.

Back