New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

You could very well be right. I couldn't make sense of it myself and had thought that maybe there was so much interest in the 5 bed detached that they took best offers on it, but like I said that was purely a guess.

Hi,
Have been reading through this thread, very informative. I viewed the showhouses in HP last weekend all of which were really nice. I just have 2 questions if anyone can answer? Firstly, does anyone have more info on the timber frame builds? Obviously they're extremely efficient with heat retention etc but does anyone know about the longevity or potential issues with this type of build compared to a conventional one? Secondly, did anyone manage to get plans with actual measurements/dimensions of the houses? I find it hard to believe that the EAs don't even have this for the showhouses.

Hi,

We are currently looking at both HP and DM, preference would be for DM, however, i am not sure they are of value. We noticed a very recent planning application (right side of DM entrance) for circa 127 houses, apartments, creche etc. anybody, know what the story is with this, is it the same development for DM or something new?

Also, any information on the social housing offered for HP & DM? We have issues with our neighbours at present and the last thing we want is to be back in the middle of troublesome neighbours. I am not saying people moving into houses through social housing will be troublesome but i guess the risk will be a little higher etc etc

As far as I know that is the south east corner of HP. That notice has been up a couple of months. They need to have it up for amendments to previous submissions. Most changes are minor (eg changing 5 type B1 houses to 4 type C1s) but all have to be displayed in case of objection. As far as I am aware DM will be the only estate with access to the porterstown road from the north side of it (so no through road from carpenterstown to porterstown road).

In relation to social housing I have no idea. Assume the days of paying off obligations are over. Social housing or not it's pot luck what your neighbours are like. I think DM have a residents management company with quite strick rules laid out, which at least will give a structure to tackling antisocial behaviour in the estate.

Last edited:
Hi,

We are currently looking at both HP and DM, preference would be for DM, however, i am not sure they are of value. We noticed a very recent planning application (right side of DM entrance) for circa 127 houses, apartments, creche etc. anybody, know what the story is with this, is it the same development for DM or something new?

New application on-line at fingal.ie for the second phase of Hamilton Park, you can see it under planning reference FW16A/0093.

Has anyone here moved into Diswellstown Manor yet? Would love to get a sense of what it's like from someone who lives there.

In relation to social housing I have no idea. Assume the days of paying off obligations are over. Social housing or not it's pot luck what your neighbours are like. I think DM have a residents management company with quite strick rules laid out, which at least will give a structure to tackling antisocial behaviour in the estate.

According to Winston social housing units in DM are no. 62, 74, 76 and 86(or 87). H&M very cagey about giving social housing units, eventually I got these details over the phone. From memory 4 social housing units in HP in phase 2 but none in current phase for sale. Sherry Fitz more transparent and will give no's if asked.

We have been torn between two estates too, are to sign contracts for HP this week. Took another drive around both estates this eve... yet again! Both offer different advantages, DM gives a wow factor with entrance, walls, paving, kitchen etc but HP is more functional eg a lot more space on street and between houses, more space in houses, closer to amenities (although if proposed through walkways proceed for DM this will help hugely)

After tormenting ourselves we are happy to proceed with HP. Lucky to be spoilt with both options

Last edited:
thanks guys much appreciated.

Personally i would tear your arm off for a 4 bed in DM (only 2 left) over HP, smaller development and more private, looks a lot better and from driving around it looks as if it will mature into a really fine estate, DM on the other hand in my eyes will be good but with a lot more going on/not so private- when it matures. We only started looking last month, and are kicking ourselves we have only a choice of 2 houses in DM now.
Initially, our first choice was Fairhaven but the houses are somewhat of a joke in size, in all ways, from rooms to back garden, location is fantastic though, we could only manage a 3 bed there and as said, really small. Not worth the money!

thanks guys much appreciated.

Personally i would tear your arm off for a 4 bed in DM (only 2 left) over HP. We only started looking last month, and are kicking ourselves we have only a choice of 2 houses in DM now

No. 55 in DM was available today due to cancellation, it's €500k. Hope this helps

Good look with house hunt

Hi, such a tough decision between the two - pros and cons to each, both lovely! we bought in hp as the layout and size of lavery style house suited us better, it's not overlooked at the back (yet anyway) and from what I remember the attic in dm 4 bed could not be converted (I could be wrong). Anyway, just about to move in and looking for some advice. Previously in the thread the issue with laying floors in hp with the skirting boards being fixed was mentioned, just wondering if anyone got the skirts removed to lay floors and was it worth it, was there much damage/touching up required? I know it largely depends on the tradesman but just trying to get an idea of how much hassle it is to take them off.

Last edited:
What is the situation with social housing in DM. Why when you look at the layout of the development are they all in the same area. I have purchased a house in that end and have just signed contracts and am a little miffed about this.

I may be out my a house no. (75 instead of 76 perhaps) but got those details after really having to push H&M. That was 6 months ago so that plan could have changed since then as I understand that phase is not available till Sept, could be wrong.

I'd get onto them for clarification. For other buyers benefit if you could post what you find out. For such a big decision H&M should have been more transparent with all details.

Last edited:
Hi, such a tough decision between the two - pros and cons to each, both lovely! we bought in hp as the layout and size of lavery style house suited us better, it's not overlooked at the back (yet anyway) and from what I remember the attic in dm 4 bed could not be converted (I could be wrong). Anyway, just about to move in and looking for some advice. Previously in the thread the issue with laying floors in hp with the skirting boards being fixed was mentioned, just wondering if anyone got the skirts removed to lay floors and was it worth it, was there much damage/touching up required? I know it largely depends on the tradesman but just trying to get an idea of how much hassle it is to take them off.

We ended up leaving the skirting boards on - if you are taking this approach I would recommend buying natural wood beading and painting white yourself or else buying pre-painted beading rather than the generic white covered lengths you see in most shops. This has a plastic-y white covering on it and will never match in with the wooden skirting boards and ends up drawing attention to it. Any good builders merchant's has the better quality beading - only marginally more expensive but definitely worth it for a tidier looking finish. Our skirting boards were well stuck onto the wall so we wanted to avoid the risk of having to repaint all the walls for damage along the way.

I may be out my a house no. (75 instead of 76 perhaps) but got those details after really having to push H&M. That was 6 months ago so that plan could have changed since then as I understand that phase is not available till Sept, could be wrong.

I'd get onto them for clarification. For other buyers benefit if you could post what you find out. For such a big decision H&M should have been more transparent with all details.

It would make sense, giving most of the 2 bed mews houses to Social Housing as they've never been advertised or even heard them talked about. That last road of 3 beds that has the one Social Housing house on it as far as I know will be December/January by the time it's ready. I don't think they've even started on it yet.

We had a deposit on a 5 bed semi detached house in DM (type C) and a 4 bed detached house in HP (Yeats) and went with HP in the end and we are delighted with our decision. Both houses were priced the same at the time.  

For us there was no comparison between the house layout, privacy, aspect and location. We are delighted with our decision, particularly given that the value of the Yeats in phase 2 rose by over 50K and also that we have no maintenance fees. Having seen the future plans for HP on the Fingal website, there are a number of 4 bed detached houses which are great value for money when compared with DM.

Last edited:

The guy we got in to do our floors spoke to another guy who was working on another house in HP and had a nightmare taking off the skirting boards. What we ended up doing was getting him to saw under the skirt to allow for the floors to be laid under the skirting. This meant no beading and no damage caused by removing the skirting. A couple of touch ups required where he sawed slightly uneven etc but neat job overall. I know it was a painstaking enough process for him but the end result was great.. Worth considering!

If you contact park developments and they haven't put the skirting boards on yet, you can ask them not to glue them on just to tack them on with a few nails. This way they can be easily removed to fit wooden floors. I did this a few weeks ago and they facilitated it.

Has anyone in phase 2 HP got an update on snagging? We were told September but need a better idea as we need to give notice on our rented apartment.

Has anyone been on the site where the current phase of HP is for sale. I wonder what noise level from M50 is like?

Has anyone been on the site where the current phase of HP is for sale. I wonder what noise level from M50 is like?
I wouldn't be worried about the noise in that area of HP....I used to live closer to the M50 (College Gate) and it was not really noticeable

I am so pleased to have found this thread..great info thanks...did a u turn and settled on HP, and have paid initial deposit...my only reservation is the M50...its quite noisy in Mulberry, but that estate is very close...hoping Ours will b ok as its the new phase, and is close enough...prob depends on wind direction as I have stood at the barrier looking down towards house and the noise level varies...I am over thinking it really...I hope..

Back