New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

Ye the revaluation should be done based on prices in recent phases. We got ours revalued when changing mortgage provider

Hi guys,

Interested in purchasing in the next phase of Hamilton Park and was just wondering about the timing of paying the balance of the deposit? I know it's 7000 booking deposit, but can any of you remember when the balance of the deposit had to be paid?

Thanks in advance!

We put our booking deposit down late last August. By the time the contracts were issued and any problems addressed by solicitor, the balance of the deposit wasn’t paid until the end of October.

Anyone have/had issues with the house insurance before you move in ? I contacted one of the insurance companies and they can not give a quote as the house is not fully built yet and doesn't have an eircode . I can not allocate my house in eircode https://www.eircode.ie/

Any advise ?

Hi, I am buying one of the houses in the current phase and was wondering if somebody has an update on when they will be ready?
Also, I understand I need to organise the flooring myself, so was wondering if somebody knows a good local supplier for wooden floors that is not too expensive and does all the fitting as well? If so, how much sqm did you order in order to lay the base of a Orpen and what did you pay total?

Thanks!

Hi, I am buying a Lavery in Hamilton Park in the next phase. We had our site visit last week and the rooms upstairs definitely felt a lot smaller than the showhouse. Did anybody else find this too? Are they identical to the size of rooms in the showhouse? Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's making me a bit anxious about signing contracts.

More increases in Hamilton Park. This time it's the next phase of apartments. Increases in both.

Hi,

We have just bought an apartment in Orchard Hall after a cancellation and would like to inquire for more information if you have some? On those prices.

Thanks!

Hi,

We just put a deposit down on an Orpen house on Diswellstown Drive. We love the houses and the area/location of the one we have chosen. Our only concern is that the garden North facing and we may not get a lot of light into the back of the house. Can anyone who has a North facing garden advise on your experience with this? Thanks v much!

Last edited:
North facing is north facing , you will get little or no sun into the back of the house , however the front of the house will be mostly sunny . If the garden is long enough you will only get some light in the morning . Builders would put a higher price for west or south facing gardens ( 10K-30K more) . From my own experience , You will get a "virtual" extra room if you have south or West facing back garden . It took me two years waiting till I got the right west facing back garden I wanted , as it was a deal breaking for me .

We moved into a north facing back and have no real problem with light. We are end of terrace which helps as there is no house blocking the sun as it travels from east to south. In summer there is sun in some part of the garden all day. Agree that south or west is best but we are quite happy.

Our only concern is that the garden North facing and we may not get a lot of light into the back of the house.

Use the likes of FindMyShadow to calculate exactly how long the shadow will be over the course of the day/ year. For example, a 10m ridge height in Disewelstown will cast a 7m shaddow in a north-facing garden at noon today, by the end of August, that will extend to 14m.

You can plot the size / shape of the house and surrounding buildings to see how much, if any direct sunlight you will get.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anybody could give me some suggestions/ideas in relation to the kitchen/tv room from experience of living in a Lavery type house in Hamilton Park. We are due to move in shortly. Has anybody knocked the wall between both rooms? (I know that we would need an engineer to okay this). Has anybody fitted an island to replace the kitchen table area in the show house and used the tv room as a dining room? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi all, we are waiting for the mail for snag list dates. Has anyone on here used or could recommend somebody for snagging in Hamilton park. We have gone with one of the 3 bed orpens if that makes any difference. Many thanks

My only recommendation for snag is not to use the service of conspect engineering , although I got the recommendation originally from this thread.

Last edited:
Hi all, we are purchasing an Orpen. Has anyone got a superking for the master bedroom? Can you get it up the stairs, and does it fit ok? Thanks!

Hello all. Still house hunting one year on and veering back to Hamilton Park again! We're looking at the Lavery show home again this weekend but from memory I seem to recall the master bedroom and sitting room especially to be very small. Have any Lavery dwellers found this to be an issue since moving in in terms of fitting furniture in etc??

Hi All, we're looking at buying one of the 3 bed Dillon Type house near Diswellstown Grove. We put down booking deposit last week and looking forward to this move. I have a few questions, hope someone can help me out.

1. I see that there are some social housing units that are to be allocated towards south of the estate. Does anyone know which are these? or which part of estate?

2. Price for ours is over 500k. Even the new houses that are coming up close to the new apartments/creche are being quoted over 500K, which i'm sure will be covered in shadow and heavily overlooked. Slightly worried we're overpaying.

3. Noise from m50, anyone knows if and when the barrier will be built?

4. Anyone has the Dillon type house attic converted? any tips you'd like to share?

Looking forward to the move!

3. I was in contact with Park Dev head office a few weeks ago and they said the barrier will "hopefully" be completed by June.

4. We don't have a Dillon house nor a conversion, but 1 thing to consider would be asking about ventilation - due to the nature of the insulation in the houses, i imagine the attic may get uncomfortably warm at times.

Last edited:
Back