New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

We're probably talking about different things then... construction of apartment block is well underway in HP, 2 levels already built if I'm not mistaken (road is not open for traffic)
Hmm i know there are plans for a creche/shop etc, might be that

Hmm i know there are plans for a creche/shop etc, might be that
The block with the creche (that had previously proposed shops) is the sites beside the school. There is one on the eastern side of the estate that has flown up over the last month. You can see it well from the motorway.

Can those who have an interest in DM and will be attending the meeting in the Carpenter please report back to this forum on your thoughts from the meeting and if there is a concern to be addressed with a coordinated response.

Attended meeting, very good and informative.

In summary, permission granted by FCC on 23rd November for 4 story apt block beside st Patrick's school.

Application appears to have been deliberately rushed through by developer to avoid possibility of any residents objecting or raising legitimate concerns.

Good attendance but support is very much needed now from HP residents (and other locals, Burnell, Luttrelstown etc.)

Looking at Fingal plan maps i see the previously listed 'Emergency access' point to HP from Porterstown road is no longer listed as an 'emergency access' entrance and now just looks like a normal entrance.

This i think would be a bigger issue for all DM residents as traffic to sandpits will be made even worse should the 600 HP houses and through-traffic be using the same road.

4 floors is way too much. Plus a car park underneath. It would look directly into the school and houses/back gardens...

I'd say this will be the last thing built as it's where the HP builders have all of their cabins etc, next phase is headed toward M50 I think but could be wrong??

4 floors is way too much. Plus a car park underneath. It would look directly into the school and houses/back gardens...

I'd say this will be the last thing built as it's where the HP builders have all of their cabins etc, next phase is headed toward M50 I think but could be wrong??
Not actually set out on the initial site plan, it could go either way

In truth, the road access might make a lot of the HP residents to raise no objection, our house is not ready until near summer - the prospect of another exit point certainly appeals to us (initial feeling anyway), as this is one of our main concerns i.e. commute to work etc

Not actually set out on the initial site plan, it could go either way

In truth, the road access might make a lot of the HP residents to raise no objection, our house is not ready until near summer - the prospect of another exit point certainly appeals to us (initial feeling anyway), as this is one of our main concerns i.e. commute to work etc

Pretty sure the road access hasn't changed. It is still marked as Emergency Access only on most of the drawings submitted in the last application. Haven't seen any where it is down as an additional access point

For those living in DM, what is the traffic like around the sandpits @ 07:00? We are currently nearing contract sign off. Does anyone know how the emergency access from HP would be managed & is this a route for the developer to obtain a permanent access / egress point? Just getting concerned with the possible traffic congestion.

There are only really 3 routes into Dublin for D.15 and Meath.

1 )M3 Navan Rd,
2) Castleknock Rd and
3) Porterstown/Diswellstown, Strawberry beds roads through Chapelizod/Tower Rd.

These roads have been a rat runs for traffic from Lucan, Meath and the rest of D.15 for decades. The new apartments will certainly increase local traffic within your estates. But they are insignificant compared to the through traffic from outside areas now feeding through on Diswellstown rd and Porterstown Rd. This has increased dramatically with the opening of Dr Troy bridge, and the connection with Porterstown Rd. They want to increase this traffic by replacing the level crossings, with more bridges. Feeding more through traffic on these roads. They also want to build apartments where they can, regardless of the ability of the roads and public transport capacity to cope, especially if near a train line.

I reckon any appeal on the impact on commuting will go no where. Appeals about the green space won't work either, as they've been happy to land lock schools with no space for sports fields or expansion. Or any other local faculties.

The only appeal I would suggest might be to the local traffic within the estates. Road safety, kids playing etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

For those living in DM, what is the traffic like around the sandpits @ 07:00? We are currently nearing contract sign off. Does anyone know how the emergency access from HP would be managed & is this a route for the developer to obtain a permanent access / egress point? Just getting concerned with the possible traffic congestion.

At 7am there should be no issue. Really only picks up about 7.30.

Thanks AlbacoreA. The estate itself seems really good & a lot of green areas which is always a huge benefit. Has anyone experienced any major negatives with the estate?

How have people got on with the snagging with the builder did it take long for them to sort items out?

Is there some type of media system installed - I've seen cabling in the attic but I cannot find info on it

Thanks

The media set up is that the houses are pre-wired for Sky & Saorview. Sky have a shared dish system whereby there's one dish in the development (At the front but is being moved soon) and then cables running to every house meaning once you subscribe to Sky your house can be 'activated' and you can have Sky without the need for a separate dish.

Similar setup with Saorview in that the development is served by Saorview and the technical partners for Diswellstown Manor, KBO can activate your house when they come out with Saorview in any of the rooms. It's 80 euro for them to do this.

Virgin can obviously be installed too with the wall boxes that are already in each house but this is separate to the media hub and quite easy to do as it's just plug and play.

The hub in the attic is what the KBO engineer activates when he comes out to set you up for Sky or Saorview.

Virgin Media is available but Eir have no cooper lines in the estate when the engineer came out to install for me.

I'd no issues with Virgin

Re Woody 90: My Snag took 3 iterations. Timeframe 10Nov - 30Nov. Satisfaction Rating = High. [Although I felt I was called to early to Snag the house, there was a lot of obvious things wrong, a 5 year old child could have identified a large number of the flaws.]

Re Media Choice: Has anybody chosen the Vodafone Bundle Digital TV/Broadband/Landline? The pack is available for E85.00 including Multi-Room.

360Mb, works at that normally over a wired connection. Wireless would be a bit slower of course

Back