Neighbour dog barking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they a door knocker/bell?
Come on now, get it sorted, you've been going around the place for the last few days and been given plenty of advice. Come back here when you've sorted it and let us know when the funeral is?

First thing is to find out if they are owners or renting. If renting, you can complain to the owner, and it then becomes their problem.

Trying to enjoy the day in my garden and my neigbours dog hasn't stopped barking. Doing my head in. Of course they are gone off for the day and are blissfully unaware.

Why not record the barking and send it to the neighbour, dunno if it would solve anything but at least he would have evidence.

My dog has a play ball that makes a noise and he barks at it for about 1/2 hr. I alway check that the neighbours curtains are open first that indicates that there is no baby asleep or people on shifts.
But we've got to get a balance rite. The dog has got to have his fun the same as screaming kids having their fun and what I hate is the thump thump of a football against a wall and sometimes coming over into to our garden damaging our plant etc . Lawnmowers, when one stops another starts, traffic noise but we've got to pick on the dog. I don't complain and they don't complain so we are happy

Last edited:
My dog has a play ball that makes a noise and he barks at it for about 1/2 hr
This would do my head in. I cannot understand how you would think that this is OK. A barking dog can be heard from a long distance away...not just your immediate neighbour.

I'm in the exact same situation at the moment, we have our own dog who can bark but we don't let her do it for hours on end... the neighbor is 1 over from us on the street that meets our road, so 3 gardens across. She lets the dog out continually barking for hours despite being in the house which I just can't fathom, over the course of the last year I've called 3-4 times asking her to stop the dog as I WFH, each time she was hostile resulting in the last time where I asked her to stop the dog barking she slammed the door in my face, so that's what I'm up against.

The problem is our kids play in the same gaa club, different ages but some crossover as they are 7 and 8. My wife always gets me to call over and I am at the stage where it might be the district court which is a bit of a nuclear option but the neighbors on my side are 2 renters and a older person, I know one renter well and they don't WFH so not much of an issue and the older person is not willing to get into a confrontation with their next door neighbor which I understand. I'm up against a battleaxe here who seems to think I'm in the wrong for having the voice to ask her to stop being a ignorant person and as you can see by her behavior she's not willing to discuss further, some nee houses being renovated close to her so hoping others start raising it but I don't hold out hope, as a people we're very slow to speak out on anything...

I would say that 3 out of every 5 people who pass by our home is walking their dog. Most of our neighbours own dogs. One idiot walks his dogs before 6 a.m. and they bark constantly when they are out walking as they pass by houses where there are other dogs.

One neighbour's dog barks at 7 a.m. for about 15 minutes when they get up and the same at 11 p.m. when they go to bed.
Another neighbour's dog barks between 2 p.m and 3.30 p.m. when she goes off to collect her kids from school.
Then you have the others who go off for an hour or two and leave their dog's in the back garden....they bark until the owner comes home who is blissfully unaware.

I think that it is right to complain to the owners. Only then will they realise that their dog is upsetting other people. Unfortunately there are some who don't care and need to be dealt with down the legal route.

This would do my head in. I cannot understand how you would think that this is OK. A barking dog can be heard from a long distance away...not just your immediate neighbour.
But it's OK for my neighbour to kick the ball around next door, which last more than half hour.
You will be stopping the birds singing next

Last edited:
Have you only one neighbour? Do you honestly believe that your neighbours enjoy listening to your barking dog?
This is what roker said
My dog has a play ball that makes a noise and he barks at it for about 1/2 hr. I alway check that the neighbours curtains are open first that indicates that there is no baby asleep or people on shifts.
If any neighbour has a problem with a dog barking for 1/2 hr during the day then they really shouldn't be living in a neighbourhood!

You must all be living on the edge,

All I was pointing out was that it looked as if you were justifying your dog's half hour of barking because of the ball hitting your wall for more than half an hour.

I'm not living on any edge here. As it happens, I have 3 dogs and I'm always acutely aware of them barking excessively.

Dogs bark. A fact of life. But execessive barking even drives me mad. My dogs bark but I must be doing something right as I've never had a complaint about it.

I have a big hedge around my property and on occasion the next's door's football arrives into my garden or lands on top of my hedge. I've never been asked for the ball back. They don't enter my property to get it. When I see the ball I lob it back over their front gate and they are free to have their kick around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back