National Irish Bank - Share Dealing

Like most NIB services, they make it as difficult as possible for you to set it up but once its up and running it works just fine. I was already an NIB customer. Their Baggot St branch in Dublin knew very little about it. I've made 3 share purchases with it so far. The upper limits customers can set are handy. The interface is grand once you get the hang of it. If NIB got their act together and marketed this properly they could do well.
We've all read about the many issues with Sharewatch.

A couple of posters mentioned that the annual maintenance fee of Euro 40 was waived.

How did you get it waived ?

Did you contact them before your first trade ?

I have a custody account set up quite a while and ready to go.

Will my account automatically get hit the minute I do my first trade ?

So in all just wondering how you managed to get it waived ?

A couple of posters mentioned that the annual maintenance fee of Euro 40 was waived. How did you get it waived ?

When I asked the bank contact (I dealt with the Limerick branch) about the annual fee, she said that they would waive it for the first year - I didn't really have to push her to get this concession, so I guess if you ask for it you might just get it.....

I have a custody account set up quite a while and ready to go.
Will my account automatically get hit the minute I do my first trade ?

Once the custody account is set up, you can then use the service. If you make a trade, there is a three-day period before your current account is debited.

Thanks Omega.

Will ring them first before I do any trade to try and get the first year waived.

Kraggy. That is a very important question and must be considered. When trading I always have a window open with live trades taking place so I can monitor the price I am getting. I deal with an Irish broker who offers me a lower cost service as I trade regularly. When I trade, I know the live bid offer spread, and can see my trade being executed live on screen immediately. This "at best" service is for the birds I'm afraid. I would be interested in an answer to kraggy's question as the charges seem slightly better than what I am paying at present although I do get share certs and can hold a debit sterling account and credit Euro account, one offset against the other, to avoid currency charges.

Hi there, just reopening this thread to ask for an update on how members are finding this service? Is it suitable for complete share-trading novices to use ie someone who has never bought or sold a share in his life but would like to start?

Hello, with nib can you sell stock and rebuy new stock same day.

Hi there, just reopening this thread to ask for an update on how members are finding this service? Is it suitable for complete share-trading novices to use ie someone who has never bought or sold a share in his life but would like to start?

I’m a complete novice and find it simple to use, can do small trades for €20 + stamp duty and no maintenance fee. Suits me.

Could someone tell me what all the fees are when you buy shares with National Irish Bank? And do they have a minimum investment?

Back