National Irish Bank - Share Dealing

ShaneMc

Looks competitive.....

€20 minimum with .75% for transactions up to 15000. A €40 annual fee. But for that commssion you can trade in UK, Irish, Nordic and European Shares. Bonds are .15% with a €10 minimum.

Hi Shane

Where you see that ?

A bit more expensive than Sharewatch, 0.3% commission, but cheaper annual fee, €40 againt €60 so could work out cheaper over the long-term.

ShaneMc said:
Saw it on their wesite - in their brochure on charges.
where on their website is this brochure? have been looking and dont see it, whats the name of the brochure?

OK just found it buried under the Personal Customer Packages section here's the [broken link removed] if anyone is interested with all NIB's charges

[broken link removed]

At the bottom there is a pdf file called " Personal Fee's and charges".

I have been wanting to get a share dealing account for ages - but couldn't be bothered to get the documents notorised...and feel that the AIB offering was just to expensive....so am glad to see some competition coming in....

If my below calculations are correct, compared to sharewatch, it works out cheaper if you make small trades of €5000 or less, but if you go above this it starts to look considerably dearer. Feel free to correct this if I am off.

NIB // Sharewatch
€ 1,000.00 .75% € 20.00 // € 1,000.00 .30% € 30.00
€ 2,000.00 .75% € 20.00 // € 2,000.00 .30% € 30.00
€ 3,000.00 .75% € 22.50 // € 3,000.00 .30% € 30.00
€ 4,000.00 .75% € 30.00 // € 4,000.00 .30% € 30.00
€ 5,000.00 .75% € 37.50 // € 5,000.00 .30% € 30.00

I will try out NIB - if only for the fact I dont need to get my passport certified etc...since my current account is with them, which also means I have access to cash with which to trade so very handy.

Has anyone used it to trade yet?

I dropped into to the local NIB branch at lunchtime (O'Connel St) to enquire about the investment section of ebanking and to see what was involved in opening an account.

They didn't know.

The website tells you to contact the branch, but the info hasn't filtered down to them.

will email and see what response I get

Hi

I am still waiting on a response from the "secure" maile that I sent NIB on the 24.04 - regarding the investment area of there new system (not even received an acknowledgement)

has anyone else used it yet - or had a better response time from any queries than 1.5 weeks?

Hi,
the branches are still snowed under with their big bang change. Anyway, I think that the Wealth Mangament section should be able to help, not sure of their phone numbers, but they are located in the IFSC where the switch is 484-2257

Excuse my ignorance but how do these share dealing accounts work? Whats the advantage over just buying and selling shares? I have some money ready to invest so this is of particular interest to me

Thanks

The only time I have bought shares was with AIB a few years ago and I was charged 70 euro for each transaction plus 1% government fee. I don't know anything about dealing online but from what I can see even though the share deal charge is low online the quarterly fees can add up to alot over a number of years. Is this correct or is there some sites that have no fees like this?

Has anyone here used this NIB online share dealing service?

Charges seem attractive but some people had problems with it before i think.

Would you recommend?

thanks, k.

I signed up a few months ago and have done two small trades without any problems. They also waived the annual fee (for year one at least), so I've no complaints so far. You can also "dematerialize" any existing share certs into the account, if you like.....

thanks for that omega.

can't make out all the charges from the pdf other than the transaction charges.

what other charges are there? is it just annual maintenace?

and are the transaction really as cheap as .75%?

thanks again,

k.

kraggy,
Yes, 0.75% (euro 20.00 minimum), plus government stamp duty at applicable rate. They waived the annual fee as a sweetener - they're probably anxious to get clients signed up. I hope it stays waived next year but I'm not holding my breath.....

thanks alot for that omega.

thinking of moving my account to aib.

good info, thanks again.

k.

thanks skyblue.

can you view your portfolio on screen with the current value of your stock?

You can see the current value easily, but it's more difficult to find the price paid for a stock which is annoying. The interface is decent enough, however I'm personally looking at moving as they only support major markets, i.e. not the London AIM and others, and particularly because my experience of their customer service is not good. Getting a response or getting them to do anything takes ages and requires lots of following up.

Great help. thanks

1 more question. can you see the current price of a stock that you're buying or does it just offer an "at best" service?

thanks again.

k.

Back