Mulberry Castleknock.

Knuttell

Has anyone got an opinion on this area,it seems nice enough,under a mile form the Village and is actually Castleknock.

I know there is a concern about noise for the M50 but been out there a few times during different times of the day and its not noticeable,is there anything else that I need to know?

Traffic doesn't seem to be the problem that it once was during the boom?
What were these houses selling at at the top of the market?

Thanks for your input.

Leaving near there at the mo. Yes it is Castleknock and fairly near the village. To be honest, we never think of walking down to it though as it seems like a long walk. There is a short cut through the College Wood apartments across the road.
The traffic along that road to the village/M50 is bad from about 8.15 but before that it's ok.
Public transport is an issue for us. The nearest bus stop (37) is at the Carpenter which is about 1.5km walk. The train is over a 2km walk. Just something to bear in mind for a trip into town.
Good shopping in the area. Nice safe area and generally we like it.
Hope that helps
M

Its also just under the M50 (some noise)and its in the middle of nowhere(car required).No bus AFAIK.

I am quite familiar with the location of mulberry. It is right beside the busiest road in ireland,cars are restricted to 100 KMPH & there is a special surface to reduce noise I believe (rubberised asphalt?). I would not buy here due to air pollution issue, noise will get worse when traffic increases with inevitable even partial recovery in economy in future. Its neither in older castleknock (village area) or newer castleknock (carpenterstown & luttrellstown area) ie its not near facilities. It is however in the catchment area of st patricks national school (good school)

ts neither in older castleknock (village area) or newer castleknock (carpenterstown & luttrellstown area) ie its not near facilities

You have Castleknock.
You have Carpenterstown. (not Castleknock)
You have Luttrellstown. (not Castleknock)
You have Blanchardstown. (not Castleknock)
You have Clonsilla. (not Castleknock)

Developers and builders do not name Townlands...........and thats the problem in Ireland where people believe anything they say so they can up the house price by 20-40%

I would not buy here due to air pollution issue, noise will get worse when traffic increases with inevitable even partial recovery in economy in future. Its neither in older castleknock (village area) or newer castleknock (carpenterstown & luttrellstown area) ie its not near facilities. It is however in the catchment area of st patricks national school (good school)

Did a lot of research on this area,it is indeed Castleknock,this was verified by An Post,it took me 11 minutes to walk to Castleknock Village and 12 minutes to the Phoenix Park at Farmleigh gate.

Traffic may have been an issue during the tiger years but in test runs we conducted at various times during the morning on a school day,it flowed freely enough.

Road noise is not an issue,visited the estate at various times throughout the day.

Its all academic now anyway,the house we were looking at had a lot of interest in it.There were 28 viewings on one particular Saturday, that's not e/a spin I were there.

Thanks again for all the posts.

How did you test on school day they are on holidays there's been no traffic for months.

Did a lot of research on this area,it is indeed Castleknock,this was verified by An Post,

Not really, Delwood Road, Castleknock is a postal address, decided by the builder........same as Roselawn, Castleknock.

Mulberry is even outside the M50...................totally overpriced for location, better to look at Castleknbock proper...........even go back up towards Coolmine Station

Don't see what the M50 has to do with it, the townland predates that and crosses it.

Personally I would move closer to the train or castleknock also. Also away from the M50 for the grime etc. But its not far from anything really.

Basically saying, do not overpay, look at the whole area and I agree about moving closer to Castleknock and the train or go up towards the Coolmine Station.

Not really, Delwood Road, Castleknock is a postal address, decided by the builder........same as Roselawn, Castleknock.

Mulberry is even outside the M50...................totally overpriced for location, better to look at Castleknbock proper...........even go back up towards Coolmine Station

No idea what you are talking about,where is Delwood road?Mulberry is no where near Delwood Road.

Mulberry is in Castleknock no idea also what you mean by outside the M50 and to cap it off you suggest that to move to " Castleknbock (sic) proper" I should move to Coolmine?

If it wasn't for your post count I would think you were trolling.

I took it took that mean closer to coolmine OR castleknock (proper=village) to be nearer transport links.

Delwood etc are example of places using castleknock in their postal address which aren't near townland of castleknock. Whereas they should probably be using their townland name, I dunno what Mulberry is. On the fingal townland map its just outside the castleknock townland, its probably Diswellstown. But the basic point is lots of places use Castleknock on their address that probably shouldn't. I would guess that most people from the area originally, would say anything east of the canal is castleknock or porterstown, and wouldn't be famillar with the townlands anyway.

The main issue with Mulberry isn't is it in/out of Castleknock. Its the direct proximity to the M50 and its little away from everything. If you can live with that then theres no problem.

I had never heard of Diswellstown before.I did a bit of digging on it and according to the District Electoral Division (DED) Diswellstown is in Castleknock,are DEDs the new way of determining where a property is located?

Blanchardstown

The townlands of:—

Abbotstown, Bay, Ballycoolen, Belgree, Blanchardstown, Buzzardstown, Cappoge, Cloghran (in the barony of Castleknock), Corduff (in the parish of Castleknock), Court, Cruiserath, Damastown (in the parish of Mulhuddart), Deanestown (in the parish of Castleknock), Dunsink, Gallanstown (in the parish of Mulhuddart), Goddamendy, Grange (in the parish of Cloghran), Hollystown, Hollywood, Hollywoodrath, Huntstown (in the parish of Castleknock), Huntstown (in the parish of Mulhuddart), Johnstown (in the parish of Castleknock), Killamonan (in the parish of Mulhuddart), Kilmartin, Littlepace, Macetown Middle, Macetown North, Macetown South, Mitchelstown, Mooretown (in the parish of Mulhuddart), Parslickstown, Powerstown, Scribblestown, Sheephill, Snugborough (in the parish of Castleknock), Tyrrellstown and Yellow-Walls (in the parish of Mulhuddart).

Castleknock

The townlands of:—

Annfield, Ashtown, Astagob (in the parish of Castleknock), Cabragh (in the parish of Castleknock), Carpenterstown, Castleknock, Diswellstown, Pelletstown and Porterstown.

No the townland is the address. From wiki

In the Republic of Ireland, townlands continued to be used on addresses. However, in 2005 the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources announced that the postcode system is to be introduced (see Republic of Ireland postal addresses). In 2012 postcodes are still not in use in Ireland and townland remains the predominant address identifier in rural areas.

In the Republic of Ireland, townlands continued to be used on addresses. However, in 2005 the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources announced that the postcode system is to be introduced (see Republic of Ireland postal addresses). In 2012 postcodes are still not in use in Ireland and townland remains the predominant address identifier in rural areas.

I can understand the town land being used in Rural areas but we have post codes in Dublin and I have never heard of most of these Townlands,Anfield,Astagob Diswellstown etc.

Diswellstown really doesnt exist except on maps,there are no shops there,no community centre etc.

If Mulberry is called Castleknock by An Post (It does this by checking the address details provided against Ireland's official address database,the Irish GeoDirectory.)

If Mulberry is considered Castleknock by the Utilities Bord Gais etc and the area Diswellstown is considered a Town land of Castleknock according to the District Electoral Division,then its Castleknock.

[broken link removed]

What else is there other than maps? Having a shop or a center doesn't define an area???? Oddly enough an post addresses and GeoDirectory don't have any legal standing. Many of the ones I checked were wrong. They seem just to accept what people tell them. DEDs don't have any relationship with natural boundaries or specific townlands. But they group townlands together. So if you're happy to ignore the townlands, then you have to accept Coolmine, Delwood, and all those other places all over D.15 can call themselves Castleknock if they feel like it aswell. Which exactly what they do.

Which is why most people don't believe anyone when they give an address in D.15. its become meaningless.

Back