Mulberry Castleknock.

Oddly enough an post addresses and GeoDirectory don't have any legal standing. Many of the ones I checked were wrong. They seem just to accept what people tell them. DEDs don't have any relationship with natural boundaries or specific townlands. But they group townlands together. So if you're happy to ignore the townlands, then you have to accept Coolmine, Delwood, and all those other places all over D.15 can call themselves Castleknock if they feel like it aswell. Which exactly what they do.

Which is why most people don't believe anyone when they give an address in D.15. its become meaningless.

An Post lists (using Geo directory)
  • Delwood as Blanchardstown,
  • Riverwood as Carpenterstown,
  • Roselawn as Blanchardstown
  • Brompton as Blanchardstown
All the above list on Daft as Castleknock,yet a quick check with an Post shows otherwise.

[broken link removed]

Try it before you say it doesn't work.

The DED is pretty accurate as to what is Blanchardstown and what is Castleknock.

In fairness people should not be going to these lengths to determine where a property lies particularly if its inclusion in a better area means it attracts a higher price.

DEDs are for elections and are not part of the address system. But Coolmine, Delwood, and parts of Blanchardstown, Abbotstown are in the Castleknock DED. An post and geodirectory are not correct. You're just choosing what suits you. But if you can do that, so can all these other areas too. But thats my point they include too much in it now, no one believes an address that says Castleknock anymore. Really they've made a mockery off the address. If you got off the bus as Castleknock Train Station, you're only 5 minutes walk to Blanchardstown but 14 mins walk to Castleknock. Astown station is closer to the Phoenix Park than Phoenix Park station. Its nonsense.

You seem to want to believe Muberry would have the same cachet as an address closer to the Castleknock Village. It doesn't and the price reflects that. Prices in Muberry have dropped enormously, and I expect that's part due to the distance to the Village, but mainly due to it proximity to the M50 and distance from public transport. Other than that its a good area. So call it what you like. One advantage it does have its in the catchment of the local schools even if they are over subscribed and it might be lottery to get into them.

You're just choosing what suits you. But if you can do that, so can all these other areas too.

No I am not.

I have already shown that Delwood/Roselawn/Brompton are in reality in Blanchardstown,these are among the worst offenders for claiming to be where they patently are not when listed on DAFT by E/As/Vendors.

Some more addresses listed on DAFT as Castleknock revealed by An Post as to their actual location.

• Luttrelstown as Carpenterstown
  • Glenville road as Clonsilla
  • Woodbrook Court as Porterstown
  • Annfield Court as Porterstown

Its hardly rocket science to determine the actual location of a property now is it? Beats peering and squinting at medieval maps til your half blind.

Prices in Muberry have dropped enormously,

Of course they have,it might have something to do with the property crash that has seen 60% knocked off peak to trough value?

and I expect that's part due to the distance to the Village

It can be walked to the long way in 11 mins and I am sure if you take the shortcut in half that time.Hardly a trek to the Antartic:)

So call it what you like

I will call it what it actually is nothing to do with what I want it to be or not.Castleknock.

What you're saying is the Ordance survey is wrong (the people who survey the country and produce maps are wrong) and an post (who don't do any mapping) is right. Then give an example where an post is wrong. Glenville isn't Clonsilla. But Glenville is in the DED of Castleknock, which you said was right before. If you pick the townland Glenville isn't in Castleknock, but then neither is Mulberry. If you choose the DED to include Mulberry then you also include Glenville. At this point in these threads people usually refer to the Barony of Castleknock which includes pretty much all of D.15 up to Finglas and Clonee.

Diswellstown is indeed Castleknock,I was researching relatives from there and there names on the census for that area is referred to as castleknock in the census of 1901 and 1911 and presumably earlier.still have relatives there and its allways been Castleknock as long as they have lived there.

Great site,long time lurker and first time poster.:cool:

Back