Most beautiful place in the world?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, that lonely planet pic book could be useful.

Namibia sounds great. I hadnt really thought of going there, and it was only brought to my attention when I saw all the pics of Angelina Jolie there!

Will go off and do more research on beautiful places!

Buy this book:
[broken link removed]
It's the Lonely Planet travel book "Guide to Every Country in the World". Even for those remotely interested in travel this is an amazing book. It's got 2 pages for every country in the world..the pictures are unreal. If that doesn't get your feet itching..i don't know what will :)
good luck with your travels....

Hi anotherone,

yes, my sister got me that book - its a great coffee-table book. After reading it I wanted to go to every country in the world!! :)

Having travelled lots of Asia...Thailand Cambodia Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, India ,Srilanka.

Have to say i got lost for a while in Thailand....for those that have gone off the beaten track its truely a magical country.
Up north in Chang Mai & Chag Rai is unspoilt , stay a while with village tripes after getting there by elephant & then rafting along a river.
Crossing over into Myanmar/ Burma.

Once youve done North thailand head for the South.. and do some island hopping, suggest Ko Phangnan, i stayed a while in a place there called Bottle Beach the only way to get to it was by boat. Really magical place.

After taht you could do a land crossing into Cambodia...what can i say really educational stuff what the Khmer Rouge put these people through,visit the killing fields ,Ankor Wat (where thomb raider was made)and after that head across into Vietnam Saigon 2-3 hrs by bus. Saigon is crazy.....all the Vietnam war sights & stories there for the taking.

I was 8 months in Asia and spent a total of €7,000 and lived like a King...
no 4-5 star hotels though.If you want off the beaten track Asia /South America is the place to go.

New Zealand - South Island does it for me.
If you haven't been there The Grand Canyon aint bad either.

Just back from Borneo...if you are thinking of looking at the planet from underneath the surface of the ocean...'Sipidan island' off the coast of Borneo...pretty special...

Back