MoCo Paying 2.60% Instant Access with DIRT Auto Deducted

Hi @finance_noobie It’s been fine so far. Easy enough to open account online although it took a couple of days to go live.
Takes a day or two for money to land into account once sent but they send you an email when you receive it which is very handy.

I haven’t had any interaction with their customer service apart from setting up the account. Hopefully is won’t have to. Like Moco it’s just for parking some funds there for a period of time to avail of the promo rate.
 
Hi @Freelance I left mine open for the time being, although the minimum amount you could leave in was €1000.
I may close it in the near future but I’ve left that in there for the time being.
 
the minimum amount you could leave in was €1000.
I was told I can open as many accounts as I want but already had the promo rate so reduced to 2.1%. You were required to leave more than €1 in account. €1.01 is perfect.
 
Apologies I could have sworn it said I needed to leave €1000 in the account when I was withdrawing but I was obviously mistaken.
Just withdrew €500 of the last €1000 there.

I am overdue a visit to the option so maybe I need to make I a priority!
 
Is anyone seeing issues with the daily interest payment on MOCO?
I have two accounts and I see two interest payments on the 11th July but no interest payment on the 12th, 13th and 14th. For both accounts.

Curious to see if others have noticed.
 
Thanks theresa1,
If multiple accounts affected then I’m sure it will be fixed in time.

@admin - apologies, I hit report for the last comment by Theresa. I assumed I hit reply but it seems I don’t have permissions to reply.
 
Have had the same issue with non-payment of daily interest. Balances today showing as less than what they were on July 11th when there was a double interest payment made. Sent a query yesterday but yet to get a response
 
I also have the same issue since July 11th regarding no daily interest.

Also I joined on Jan 21st 2026 and was on the 2.6% up until 1st July 2026 when it dropped to 2.1%. I thought it would drop to 2.1% in November? I tried messaging them 2 days ago but no reply yet.
 
I messaged 3 days ago and got this reply today..


Dear Customer
We are aware of a technical issue that has affected the crediting of daily interest. Our team is actively resolving this issue.
Some of the affected interest postings are now corrected and can be viewed on your account statement.
We expect the remainder of the affected interest postings to be resolved in the coming days, at which point all interest postings can be viewed on your account statement.
To confirm: all interest from the period affected will be retrospectively applied once the issue is fully resolved. You will not be adversely affected by this issue.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.
Kind Regards,
The Moco Team
 
Also I joined on Jan 21st 2026 and was on the 2.6% up until 1st July 2026 when it dropped to 2.1%. I thought it would drop to 2.1% in November?
I opened my account with them in Feb 26 and also based on their communications expected the 2.6% rate to endure through to November. Checking online it remained at 2.6% on 1st July and I thought happy days. Me being me I checked agin on 2nd July and lo and behold it had dropped to 2.1%. So on 3rd July I became an Ex-MoCo customer. Overall based on my experience of their communications, processes, systems, support etc I’d rate them a 5/10 and a great fit for crappy PTSB.
 
Me also.. however, today is the 17th and interest for the 17th would normally be applied in the early hours of the morning. It wasn’t applied today.
While the last 5 days is resolved I am wondering if issue over the last 5 days was caused by Moco changing how they apply interest?

Within the financial industry most errors are caused by system changes.
 
Daily interest is a bit of a gimmick. I prefer monthly interest to coincide with my income and bills, and to keep the statements cleaner.
 
Back
Top