Missing A.S.U. phone recordings

How old are the BOI calls ?

It depends who you ask at the bank. I got multiple written and phone denials from different people claiming to represent the bank
- branch manager,
- regional area manager
- consumer Affairs (FSPO Team),
- customer complaints team
- Data Access Request Team, etc.

Reported to Data Protection Commissioner and similar denials were made by the bank. A year later (after a second ODPC investigator was assigned to case) and over 160 call recordings have been produced. The bank’s ivs/ Ivr system records calls via your mobile / telephone number. Mystery how a regulated bank could deny any calls exist and then produce so many ...

The bank’s call centre staff (over 30 month period of denial) confirmed in the evidence that previous calls were recorded and who I spoke with on each call. The staff apologied for the ‘unorthodox conduct’ of management...

The Data Protection Commissioner’s Office has multiple related investigation cases ongoing against BOI.

Last edited:
EBS
Second EBS complaint has completed. This was actually initiated by the Sar's team in relation to missing ASU recordings. 5 calls that were missing for 18 months were found during this provess but others that had not been requested were found to be missing. 11 asu recordings still outstanding and confirmed missing.

AIB
There were another 10-12 AIB rcmu call recordings from a similar period and involving the same 3rd party as some of the missing ebs calls. These had been specifically requested and repeatedly denied that they were even on record, after exhausting all avenues for months with the Sar's team, I was then informed that they were on record from a different department and provided with a log of correspondence. The only item from this log they could provide was a signed 3rd party declaration with an apology for not providing previously all calls, everything else was unavailable. Official complaint ongoing last number of months and only spoke with someone very recently and calls could still not be found. However last week I received a final letter in relation to this complaint and calls have been found and will be posted out shortly.

Although my case was initially only a tracker case, documents showed a number of other issues and I now have a couple of separate cases. I have been dealing with AIB/EBS in relation to these for the past few years and I have become used to dealing with them. I would advise anyone facing similar issues or is taking FSPO or DPC cases to do the following.
  • Make all data requests by letter or by e-mail.
  • Scan all replies or any other letters sent or received. Camscanner is excellent for doing this. Take screenshots of e-mails if making data requests by email, you may need to send them later.
  • I would advise not making requests for different topics in the same e-mail. It will be clearer and easier to provide documentary evidence later when requested by the FSPO or DPC or anyone else.
  • If a data request is ignored or reply is vague, request again and follow up till answered satisfactorily.
  • Set up a Dropbox acount and start saving all documents as soon as you receive them. Put them in easy to find folders. A document that seems unimportant now may become important later.
  • Be patient and expect delays but at the same time don't let things go

Back