Mbna loans-any info?

pint6

Hello guys,

MBNA is offering personal loans in Ireland, do they fall under ICB? If this loan is taken will it show up on ICB?

REgards,
Pint 6

Re: Mbna

The One Direct and EBS loans are underwritten offered by GE Money. The rates etc. are 'risk based', and so if yiou have a less than perfect credit rating you will not qualify for the advertised rate. If you check out the Best Buys forum (link in my sig), you will get more info. They claim that a fairly high percentage qualify for the lowest rate, but I'm not sure of the data.

pint6-could you post a link on the MBNA offer or tell us where you found out about it? Thanks.

Hi CCOVICH

From the marketing literature EBS provide, it would suggest all loans are at the same rate, I think its approx 7.4% or something similiar - are you sure they are "Risk based" rates on offer ?

I've had several mailshots from MBNA telling me I could qualify for a loan, but just taken a quick look at their website and can't find any mention of their loans... is it possible, they only offer loans to existing CC customers ?

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

Garrettod said:
From the marketing literature EBS provide, it would suggest all loans are at the same rate, I think its approx 7.4% or something similiar - are you sure they are "Risk based" rates on offer ?

If you take a look at the thread on persnal loans in the Best Buys forum, I have said the the APR can be over 12%-check the link there-that is what I based my info on. I am not an EBS customer, so I have never got any literature from them.

Garrettod said:
I've had several mailshots from MBNA telling me I could qualify for a loan, but just taken a quick look at their website and can't find any mention of their loans... is it possible, they only offer loans to existing CC customers ?

That's a possible explanation alright.

I have moved the discussion on MBNA cards to this thread.

If anybody has any further queries on the EBS or One Direct loans mentioned above, you'll find more info in my sig.

Let's try and keep this thread for MBNA loans-a new thread can easily be started for other offers.

Garrettod said:
Hi CCOVICH

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

What does it say on your mailshot? I have just received another one in my statement and it says " We appreciate how you manage your cc account.........etc.
That suggests the offer is for existing account holders. The loan section on the MBNA site is in the secure section of the site but you have to be a UK based account holder to apply for a loan online.

demoivre said:
What does it say on your mailshot? I have just received another one in my statement and it says " We appreciate how you manage your cc account.........etc.
That suggests the offer is for existing account holders. The loan section on the MBNA site is in the secure section of the site but you have to be a UK based account holder to apply for a loan online.

Sorry,

Unfortunitely I have binned the last one I got, infact now I think about it, I've definitely had two or three in recent months.

From memory, all I can recall was that it was a white printed peice of paper, with Blue large text if memory serves & something about "a loan of €9,000 could be available to me" (I had suspected they had set the limit, based upon my credit card limit, effectively pre-approving me for a loan, or as close as they can do without upsetting the relevant legislator)

Cheers

G>

I get them constantly from MBNA and from what I gather they are available to cc holders. In saying that, it's worth a phone call.

I get these all the time as I have an MBNA cc. Im sick to the teeth of these "offers" coming thru my door. Then they phoned me about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday morning offering me a loan, I politely said no thanks. Im trying to pay off my credit card and get shut of it once and for all, I hate the thing, worse decision I ever made. Card is cut up and gone, so just keep paying every month. As far as I know, it was only offered to customers of MBNA, but I could be wrong.......

LollyMc said:
I get these all the time as I have an MBNA cc. Im sick to the teeth of these "offers" coming thru my door. Then they phoned me about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday morning offering me a loan, I politely said no thanks. Im trying to pay off my credit card and get shut of it once and for all, I hate the thing, worse decision I ever made. Card is cut up and gone, so just keep paying every month. As far as I know, it was only offered to customers of MBNA, but I could be wrong.......

Did you compare the loan rate to the cc rate - you might be able to save yourself a few euro assuming you don't want to avail of some of the zero % periods with other cc issuers.

To be honest I didnt even look at it as Im trying to get a new mortgage and I have enough loans!! Am hopng when we sell our house, we can clear all loans including cc.

Back