MBNA credit card

I have found their customer service to be dire. I got an Amex and try now to only use the MBNA card in places that won't take AMEX. It took me 11 phonecalls to stop getting those cheques.They send me tons of junk mail.

I was with MBNA. They signed me up for payment protection on my card even though I said I didn't want it. Took months for them to sort it out.

with mbna for about 5 years now and find them ok. lost card once and no problem stopping old card and new replacement one arrived withing a week. you can pay at post offices and you dont need your bill or account. just bring in your card and tell the assistant how much you want to pay. you can top load your account before writing cheques and that way you wont pay interest. downside is maybe the person getting the cheque puts it away for a month or so and you use up the top loading on other purchases. and I clear off each month. one of the terrible two also has a card linked to mine and she has used it throughout europe on one of those rail cardy things students go on but I was able to keep tabs on it through the internet and she had no problem in any country where she produced it ( except maybe france if I recall) . top load it if you are going abroad and the charge for withdrawing in a eurozone country is 1.95% with a max of €2 I think. Safer than taking loadsamoney with you.

..and here's another satisfied MBNA customer ! I really cannot say a bad word against them. I switched from a BOI credit card a few years back and have never found any problems. I use their online service by paying bills directly from my current account with no fuss, and any time I needed to contact their customer service I found them helpfull and courteous.

Back