Mary Kelly

• Thread starter anthonybernard
  • Start date
Do you realise who the USA are fighting in Iraq at the moment, they are not interested in installing democracy, and you, as a westerner, are just as much as a target as an american soldier to them. They are basicly Islamic fanatics and ruthless fanatics at that.

They are Iraqi people. They are being carpet bombed by the USA, of course they are going to retaliate. I don't want the USA to be in control of the world's oil supplies. I also don't like the idea of a single superpower.

anthonybernard - what has this got to do with 9/11? - please try to stay on topic.

I only mentioned 911 because you seem to be anti USA.

Mary Kelly got away with it no time no fine

There is a a very large percentage of the fighters are foreign fighters who are using this opportunity to kill americans and create general unrest in the country.

How many Iraqi people have been killed by suicide bombers over the last few months. These "freedom fighters" have no respect for human life, iraqi or american. I am not saying America was right in going in there in the first place, but they have to finish what they started for the good of the iraqi people.

The only hold up to the Iraqis governing themselves is the continuing fighting which will probably delay the elections.

The law is the law and she had plenty of ways to protest her little heart out within the law. That said, in the context of what the US armed forces spend on panel beating every year I'm sure that 1.5 million is nothing. I think the judge got it about right.
In the ideal world we should all sit on the runway and stop the planes from landing.
In the real world we should realise who is paying the piper and continue to turn a blind eye.
Morals, who needs 'em?

Iraqis governing themselves

If America wins the Iraq war, this will never happen. The best we can hope for is a puppet Government pandering to the Americans.

How many Iraqi people have been killed by suicide bombers over the last few months.

As many as 100,000?

I know I am leading this topic down a well trodden path but if a secular western country was occupied by an Islamic country and the Islamic country said that they would have a working Islamic state in place in the former secular country within 2 years everyone would laugh at the idea that a nations mindset, societal norms and values could be changed so quickly. So how can anyone find the notion of the reverse happening in Iraq credible.
"Iraq was a secular state!", I hear some cry. That's only because it was a dictatorship. Given the choice the people of Iraq would opt for an Islamic republic like Iran, or 1 Shiite state, one Sunni state and one Kurdish state. Then they would have a war over where each state started and finished and then their neighbours would invade them and install a puppet government.
...maybe a puppet American government is also the best the people of Iraq should hope for as well....

Back on topic; I would propose that Ms Kenny should be appointed as the cultural attache to the Irish embassy in Baghdad. She could moonlight teaching hatchet throwing classes.

Back