Mary Kelly

• Thread starter anthonybernard
  • Start date
A

anthonybernard

Causes 1.5 M damage to a plane & gets 2 year suspended sentence. While woman in Limerick nearly went to jail for not having a dog license. What kind of country have we at all ?

How much damage did the plane cause to Iraq?
What kind of a world do we have at all?

The lady in Limerick was not nearly jailed for not having a dog license, but for refusing to pay the fine that the court imposed on her, basicly refusing to recognise the court. There is a big difference.

As for Mary Kelly, I wonder where that figure of €1.5m came from?

How much did the case cost the state & u & I. It was a serious offense she should be made to pay for it.Someone can do the same next week again a get away virtually Scott free.
How many Iraq companies have we here how many USA ?thats the bottom line.

Some people [broken link removed] for debts of (presumably a lot) less than €1.5M!

The 'bottom line' is the USA being in control of global oil supplies, and Ireland's supposed neutrality. Oh, and 100,000 dead Iraqis, and USA setting a precedent that they can invade whatever country they like.

A crime is a crime no matter what the underlying reason. Anyway what did Iraq ever do for Ireland. USA is our friend lets keep it that way. Lock her & her kind up I say.

Do the crime do the time thats all I am saying.

and the duodecimal system.

1800BC The Old Babylonians employed advanced mathematical operations such as multiplication, division and square roots. Their duodecimal system, based on 12 and 6 to measure time, is still used today.

....but apart from buying our beef, selling us their oil and the duodecimal system what has Iraq ever done for us??......

USA is our friend lets keep it that way

We happen to be an english speaking country (well mostly :D ), in the Euro zone with great tax breaks for foreign companies.

USA isn't investing here out of love!

and home to the inventor of law and the seat of civilization

Around 3500 B.C., the Sumerians developed the world's first great civilization in the area that is now Iraq, and cuneiform writing on clay tablets was developed 300 years later. Empires rose and fell in ancient Mesopotamia, from the Akkadians to the Babylonians, Assyrians, Chaldeans, Parthians and Romans.

Abraham, the patriarch of the Torah and Old Testament, came from the southern Mesopotamian city of Ur. Hammurabi, who virtually invented the concept of law, ruled in Babylon, as did Nebuchadnezzar, the conqueror of Jerusalem, and Alexander the Great.

....but apart from buying our beef, selling us their oil and the duodecimal system, being the seat of civilization and law what has Iraq ever done for us??......

That.s Great 1800 bc & 3000 bc what good is that today ?
For that you can attack a plane with an axe and get away with it.

For that you can attack a plane with an axe and get away with it.

A two year suspended sentence isn't exactly getting away with it whether or not you think it's too lenient.

She got away with it & now she boasting about it on the radio ! saying she will do it again. I hope she attempts it & is shot in the process.

"I hope the USA loses the war in Iraq."

Do you realise who the USA are fighting in Iraq at the moment, they are not interested in installing democracy, and you, as a westerner, are just as much as a target as an american soldier to them. They are basicly Islamic fanatics and ruthless fanatics at that.

Whilst you mightn't have agreed with the USA going into Iraq you can't believe that if they lose there will be any benefit to anyone in the world.

Hi AnthonyB,
Mary Kelly has recieved a fair trial in an open court of law, has been convicted and sentenced. Thats good enough for me.
ajapale

Back