Madrid Hotel recommendations?

Not heading to Madrid til beginning October and have gone online to all above mentioned hotels which are unavailable for then. Is there something happening that weekend (5th Oct) or is it usually that difficult to get accommodation in cities. Any further recommendations? Want something very central (it's an awful job to carry all those bags a long distance after a days city shopping!!!:D )

Hi, I have just booked cheapie Ryanair flights to Madrid in October for 6 adults and I wonder if anybody could recommend a Villa/Apartment in Madrid or surrounding area? I have looked up hotels but we would need a couple of rooms and it works out a little expensive. Any help appreciated....

Sorry just noticed the Sofitel was recommended already.

Could try [broken link removed]

They run a few chains throughtout Spain including Madrid.

Have gone on Venere.com but not quite sure what area in central Madrid to look for. Looking for very central i.e. most landmarks within walking distance 10-15mins walk approx. Can anyone help me narrow down my search a bit. Basically if I were to go to Barcelona the main thoroughfare would be Las Rambles, Dublin would be O'Connell street. What is the equivalent in Madrid.

I too have stayed at the Cruz Sol. I am reluctant to recommend it only because it is becoming too well known and often booked out!
A great choice and so convenient for everything. Spotlessly clean and very well run. Ask for a room on the main floor (third) as they now also use the first floor in the building and its a little noisier at night.

Thanks folks. Went into web page and a bit off putting for 40+yr old to see "STUDENT SPECIAL" flashing on the screen. Just looking for reasonably priced comfortable central hotel in Madrid.

Anyone stayed at the Husa Paseo Del Arte in Madrid (Central)? Need to book accommodation soon and want hotel which is very central so that I am not jumping on and off buses with bag loads of new clothes!!!!!

I was in madrid at the end of June. We stayed in a lovely hotel, it wasn't the cheapest but the staff were lovely and the rooms are gorgeous. The website doesn't do it justice at all but have a look I would highly reccommend it.
http://lascortes.madridhotels.it/

Have gone on Venere.com but not quite sure what area in central Madrid to look for. Looking for very central i.e. most landmarks within walking distance 10-15mins walk approx. Can anyone help me narrow down my search a bit. Basically if I were to go to Barcelona the main thoroughfare would be Las Rambles, Dublin would be O'Connell street. What is the equivalent in Madrid.

Hi, the equivalent main street in Madrid is Gran Via, which has all the shops (Mango, Zara, Massimo Dutti, H&M etc). I wouldnt recommend staying on Gran Via, because it would be very noisy at night.
Also, dont stay on the one the streets slightly north of Gran Via, since thats where the 'ladies of the night' congregate.

If you want to be very central (i.e. 5 mins from Gran Via, 10 mins from Prado/Retiro Park etc) stay near Plaza de Sol. This is the main square in the middle of Madrid, just south of Gran Via. This is a touristy and going-out area, so there would be some noise at night, but ask for a room on a high floor, or facing the back of the hotel, and you would be fine.
Near Sol, you have the areas of La Latina, Huertas, Plaza Santa Ana which are full of bars and restaurants and night life.

I live in Madrid, but cant advise on hotels, since I never use them, but if you want more info on places to go etc, let me know!

Ragazza.

I visit Madrid twice a year and can highly recommend Lucios beside Plaza Mayor. You have to try and book in advance. Very popular with locals and tourists that know about it.
[broken link removed]

Champagneria Gala is known to be one of the best paella restaurants in Madrid and is near Sol

hi I have just read through this thread and checked every hotel recommended on it to no avail (no availability). We got a last minute deal to Madrid and I want to book a hotel for 4 nights from 25 Sep. have tried numerous other sites as well but am reluctant to book somewhere without a recommendation as we've been stung in the past. Just wondering if anyone else has a recommendation for a Madrid hotel not posted already that i could try? I'm also going to see if there's any other recommendations on other threads. Thanks

Hi Bazoo

You could try [broken link removed] which also has a link into [broken link removed].

Friends of ours are just back and stayed in the High Tech President. They have recommended it. Not very cheap but that seems to be the case anywhere in Madrid.

Phoenix

I stayed here. €405 for a double room for three nights. Central and very comfortable. Right beside the Prado and the[SIZE=-1] Thyssen Bornemisza.[/SIZE]

[broken link removed]

Back