Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
deem said:
My God are you guy's just moving in properly now, thought you'd at least have been in before christmas

We're in since last October - I really feel for the people in Block A - the snagging seems to be taking a ridiculous amount of time. Ours took whatever it was, 2-3 weeks or something but we were lucky as the builders were still on site for a good amount of time after that and any problems we had were fixed pretty quickly. Hope ye all get in soon.

Have most people still not been able to pick up the swipes for the underground - there doesn't seem to be many people parking down there so far?

Re Magnet v NTL - we went with NTL digital - don't have a computer so don't need the broadband or phone - and have had no problems so far... The Magnet people are still hanging around trying to sign people up though so I'm sure they'll target Block A when everyone's in ;)

M

I was on to ntl and they offered me the max TV package and broadband @3mb with a max of 30GB a month price was 375

That's weird what you're all saying about NTL not doing broadband, because I have NTL and it's only 24 euro a month for broadband, and the first 3 months were free as well as free TV for a year (but I don't have a tv so it's a good thing it's free!).
sm1

was told by ntl that broadband was not available in this area yet. but they would contact me if it became available............ would love to know the story.......

That's weird. I just rang them up and they came out the following week and plugged me in. You should get back onto them.
sm1

Da boss
</p>If you look on a previous thread, I think thread 32 from 10amwalker. See below I have copied and pasted it!!</p> &quot; Hi, Living in the complex known as Temple Gardens & Lawns. I have heard on the grapevine that a tenant we had here moved to Lymewood. Our post boxes were rifled etc. The only advise I can give you is to contact Santry Garda station and look for a meeting with the community Garda and explain what has happened in your complex. I know we left it too long, being new to apartment living we did not want to cause any hassle for anyone or were giving them the benefit of the doubt.May I ask if you are paying a contribution as part of your service charges to Northwood Management Company ?A piece of advice from an elder lemon- get yourselves organised, quickly...you are the management company and request advice from people who have had to learn the hard way. You may avoid some of the pitfalls, never mind the pot holes at the Ballymun exit, which can be costly.With my best wishes.</p> </p>&quot;I reckon phone the Gardai!!Cheers,Joanna</p>

sorry if my post's are difficult to read. It is the settings in internet options that are causing it to look like this.

screw that, I hope he is reading this. Mentioning someone is going through you letterbox is not a security risk....scumbags....call the cops. Don't know why you did not do it straight away??

yeh in fairness Lucky.. so what if he is reading it. I would have followed him and found out where he lived. I think at the next residence meeting we should push for a security camera in the lobby in each of the blocks. This was alreay suggested by the the Santry Gardai. This way there is proof.

Cop on folks. Don't use AAM in this way. Set up your own discussion group if you want to discuss mob justice etc. It would be a shame if we had to lock this long-running thread.

Clear enough?

da-boss said:
hey folks! Just letting residents know on something Ive just witnessed in the last few mins at the post boxes in block C! i went down to collect my post but when i got there i noticed some bloke who seemed to be acting strangely! so when i went back upstairs i looked over the edge at the lift and low and behold there he was rooting through the letter boxes!! i was going to let a shout at him but there's one problem, i recognise him and im 100 % certain he lives in block C!! I e-mailed david ward straight away but i thought id let u guys know too as what chance have we got if people who are liveing here are robbing from their own!! i dont know what apt he lives in but i do know i could find out ( it is on the 1st floor in block C) so be warned, try and pick up ur post as soon as you can cause u dont want anything important going missing!

I think I saw the same guy, a few times, usually with a few cans of beer in his hand, always seems to come up from the underground car park... very strange, we definitly need Cameras in all the lobbies. I don't feel my mail is safe, seriously considering redirecting everything again to my folks address.

I think having a camera in the foyer would be a very good idea - and also in the underground carpark which a lot of people still don't seem to be using??

Cameras are a great idea-in theory.

The reality is that they are more of a detective measure than preventative.

A monitored camera system is also very expensive.

This would add to your management fee.

But no harm in asking your managing agent in looking into it and getting a quote.

Neighbourood centre-
Is the new (smaller) building being built in front of Gullivers the new Retail Centre? Anyone know the completion date if this is so??
jd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back